Chains breaking

What kind of chains is everyone running,my son rides 2014 kx450 and has broke 2 chains and 1 chain on his 2015 one was a stock chain 2 were rental r1.I alway run chain at the max for slack recommended thank you appreciate any input

What kind of chains is everyone running,my son rides 2014 kx450 and has broke 2 chains and 1 chain on his 2015 one was a stock chain 2 were rental r1.I alway run chain at the max for slack recommended thank you appreciate any input

I ran the renthals for a few years and on my 06 they stetch to fast and have a short life. I have been running the DID vx2 and they work awesome also heard good things about the DID Ert2 but never tried one.

Thanks for your responses ,our stock chain we got like 6hrs out of it before it broke the r1 was in between 10 and 15 hrs the first one went through cases was about $600 fix .i was wonder if renthal changed company's they were getting there chains from thanks again for your responseimage.jpg

Thanks for your responses ,our stock chain we got like 6hrs out of it before it broke the r1 was in between 10 and 15 hrs the first one went through cases was about $600 fix .i was wonder if renthal changed company's they were getting there chains from thanks again for your responseimage.jpg

What are you guys doing to break chains so much. I cant ever recall my son nor i ever breaking a chain on big bikes. Stock chain or after market. His kx85 yes,broke a few. You guys running them too tight. Not enough chain lube???

Edited by spin05
  • Like 2

What are you guys doing to break chains so much. I cant ever recall my son nor i ever breaking a chain on big bikes. Stock chain or after market. His kx85 yes,broke a few. You guys running them too tight. Not enough chain lube???

Deleted post because i answered the wrong person

For you who started the post 

Double Check your manual because you shouldn't brake so many chains

Edited by skorpan777
  • Like 1

The specs on chain are right on ,I even go as far as to torque the axel nut.i just not sure if the power of the newer bikes is issue or as most products are now made inferior to what they use to be .believe me my sons been racing for 11 years now and he just turned expert ,his bikes are very well maintained.

The specs on chain are right on ,I even go as far as to torque the axel nut.i just not sure if the power of the newer bikes is issue or as most products are now made inferior to what they use to be .believe me my sons been racing for 11 years now and he just turned expert ,his bikes are very well maintained.

It could be the qualit.

Trie DID chains i have good luck with them

The case saver we had on we're the the chain put hole in cases was a hammer head ,and that got destroyed if I find it I'll post a pic of it. As of now we running t m design l guess it worked cause last chain didn't put hole in case. I am going to try the d.i.d chain