Sign in to follow this  

Supercross Reedy's new ride

We'll see!  I don't expect a win out of him, but also didn't expect one last year.  Who knows, without the additional load and stress of running the Team 22 and with a solid bike and team, he may do better than I expect him to.

• Like 1

I honestly think he's going to surprise a lot of us. Not sure I expect any wins from him but I'll bet he mixes it up.

Kinda what we expected.  I wonder if he will get a teammate before the year is out.

The more Yamahas, the better.

And this will hopefully mean that Webb and Martin have a home riding Yamaha in the 450 class next year.

• Like 2

The more Yamahas, the better.

And this will hopefully mean that Webb and Martin have a home riding Yamaha in the 450 class next year.

According to Bowman, JGR and Webb are pretty close, while the Yamaha guys love Martin.¬† I agree that it's great to have a place for them to go, but we'll see who ends up where.¬† ūüĎć

• Like 1

Oh no, not another year of Reed whining, and then the commentators talking about how tough he is.

• Like 3

It would be cool to see him do well.

Another guy to mix it up.

He does seem to be a fan favorite--> old guy, that started his own team, road a 2stroke for 45 seconds, has history with JS7, hot wife....something different.

I'm just sooo looking forward to watching racing.  New guys on new bikes and all smooth indoor tracks.

Coo

So GoPro isn't a title sponsor for SX? I see his Fly360 cam and endorsement on the bike. Last I heard it was more profitable for Reed to keep the deal with Fly360 and not finish outdoors after GoPro thew the book at the AMA

Oh no, not another year of Reed whining, and then the commentators talking about how tough he is.

Isnt it Ralph that says he's not only tough, he's gritty!

• Like 1

So GoPro isn't a title sponsor for SX? I see his Fly360 cam and endorsement on the bike. Last I heard it was more profitable for Reed to keep the deal with Fly360 and not finish outdoors after GoPro thew the book at the AMA

Its a personal sponsor.  SX is monopolized by Go Pro - they have exclusive contract.    Reed will NOT be running that camera during races but can promote it all he likes off the track besides graphics and banners in the pits. 

• Like 1

Its a personal sponsor.  SX is monopolized by Go Pro - they have exclusive contract.    Reed will NOT be running that camera during races but can promote it all he likes off the track besides graphics and banners in the pits. 

SX is monopolized by GoPro....sort of like manufacturer GOATness is monopolized by KTM!!!  BOOM!!!!!

This should be the best bike he's had since his last title.  SSS Factory KYB suspension....I think we will see at least 1 win out of Reed. 

According to Bowman, JGR and Webb are pretty close, while the Yamaha guys love Martin. I agree that it's great to have a place for them to go, but we'll see who ends up where. ūüĎć

On pulpmx they were saying that webb is probably going to end up on factory yamaha, which has pissed off JGR because they've had dibbs on him since his amateur days.

Its a personal sponsor. SX is monopolized by Go Pro - they have exclusive contract. Reed will NOT be running that camera during races but can promote it all he likes off the track besides graphics and banners in the pits.

Sort of related, have you seen that new Bell street bike helmet with the built in Fly 360 cam? They should make an MX version and give it to Reed. He doesn't have to use the cam but it would be a part of the helmet and let him show it off.

• Like 1

Cypress, CA - Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A., is excited to re-introduce its factory Supercross team, which is officially named Monster Energy/360fly/Chaparral/Yamaha Factory Racing. The team’s corporate partners include Monster Energy; 360fly, Inc.; Chaparral Motorsports; and Valli Construction, Inc.