Best DOT front tire?

Try the Michelin Baja, or Desert front tires. The rears are DOT legal as well. These are great, the rear Desert tire I used lasted over 1200 miles of pre running the Baja 2000. I think maybe the Michelin Enduro Comp III has a street legal rating too.

------------------

95 LC4 Supercomp

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by Ben from London:

I have a 905 up front and it works great in most conditions, easily the best dot tyre in the soft stuff I have used, also fairly predictable onroad.

HI BEN ,

NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS POST BUT IS IT YOU IN

THE PICTURES SECTION IN PORTSMOUTH??.

IF IT IS , IS IT AT WOODBURY LANE NEAR EMSWORTH AND WILL YOU BE THERE ON 14/10/01 AS

I WILL . LET ME KNOW AND I'LL LOOK OUT FOR YOU.

JOHN IN PORTSMOUTH

Pirelli MT21 is an excellent DOT for front and rear....probably one of the most aggressive DOT tires I've seen. I personally run Michelin M12's since my bike has already gone through tech inspection and is already street legal but make no mistake...State Patrol inspectors will definitely check for a DOT stamp if you are running your bike through inspection to dual-sport in the great state of Washington. ?

------------------

Y2K WR400FM,Answer top tree w/Accu-Trax clamp,Pro-Tapers(CR-Hi w/ EE handguards),Devol Rad. & frame guards, Guts tall soft foam w/ ballistic cover, 14/52 w/DID VM X-Ring, Kouba-T,Michelin M-12's ft.& rr.,12 oz. flywheel weight, Zip-Ty Racing Link & Shark Fin, Cycra front rotor guard and T.M. Designworks Chain guide, buffer & chain wheels. Street legal except for the non-"DOT" tires.

Dunlop K139, wears like iron and is aggressive enough for hard core dirt riding. I have had one on the front of my XT600 for a year and a half (1200 miles) and it is still in great shape.

------------------

Life is too short, work hard...play hard

Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing

I have tried quite a few DOT in the east were the woods are tight and there is plenty of mud. My 2 favorite fronts are the Dunlop 905 which I use to lose a lot of side knobs when it first came out and the Pirelli MT44 which is one of the best and still on my bike now. The Brigstones are to short and don't hook up. I use the Kenda TrackmasterII on the back which is a copy of the Dunlop752 wear is marginal on this tire but it hooks up great.

I'm running D606 front and rear. I have no issues with the front other than at first it felt heavier and I notice a slight gyroscopic effect as a result. In fact this caused the bike to be more stable on the road. Offroad I've never had a washout or the strange handling characteristics I used to sometimes get with the D739 that was on the bike stock. The rear took getting used to, I do tend to slide more in gravel but now that I'm used to it that's ok. Mud and soft terrain works well. On the highway these tires are great, very predictable.

i've been a kenda 760 trak-master user for 3 years now and i WILL NOT buy any other tire ever again. i will swear by these tires for the non-racer on a budget looking for a great tire at a great price. soft terrain hook up is awesome and i've had the current one on my bike for a year and 3 months. i don't get to ride every weekend but i'd say there are about 1500 miles on it. it seems like the older it gets, the less it wears. funny.

anyway, i have a 905 on the front and so far, it has been great too.

i have a new kenda sitting in the shed-waiting until i have a slick for a rear first!

signed, cheap bastard

Originally posted by john pearce:

HI BEN ,

NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS POST BUT IS IT YOU IN

THE PICTURES SECTION IN PORTSMOUTH??.

IF IT IS , IS IT AT WOODBURY LANE NEAR EMSWORTH AND WILL YOU BE THERE ON 14/10/01 AS

I WILL . LET ME KNOW AND I'LL LOOK OUT FOR YOU.

JOHN IN PORTSMOUTH

John I reckon that is woodberry lane in the pics..I will be there 14th Oct. My number is 45. Regards Shane.