48mm Showa Kashima Fork Help

I bought a pair of forks for a project because they had black anodized lugs. They are 48mm lower legs, 53mm upper clamp, 58mm lower clamp, 37.5" long.

I have no idea what they are from. The lower lugs say "KRNL" and Showa.

I need to buy an axle for them and a brake caliper but I can't find anything similar to identify them.

I also need to lower them 5-inches using a spacer and shorter springs.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1452313860.216708.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1452313882.302312.jpg

Looks like Showa twin chamber around 04/05 at the oldest? Honda? Don't know anything about air forks. Should have asked the previous owner what they were from.

I've looked at those but they have different lower axle mounts. They have an extra lug on the brake side.

I need to make sure I get the proper caliper too

The PO had no idea what they were from except they had Kashima coating.

Edited by redwillis

Hrc are not for sale

They look like a kit fork

They made a kit and b kit ,b kit are normally just fancy coatings std sizes

A kit can be different externally and internally

Then you have factory or works forks that are only for factory riders or teams

Maybe I should ask what the stock axle size is for a 48mm Showa? That is what I need to find on eBay. I will order a seal and bushing kit for "48mm Showa". The parts guy wanted to know what year and model but probably doesn't matter.

I thought I measured 58 and 53 for mounting but will double check.

I have a Brembo caliper coming, so hopefully that bolts up.

I plan to lower the forks by 5-inches. Okay to cut the springs and add a top out spacer?

2010 CRF250R was first with 48mm Showa but the inner cap was different to what you have there and that is a Honda part number on the axle lug for sure. Think someone has built up these forks with a few parts from various Showa forks. The inner caps are like yours on 2012 onwards Honda 250 forks or maybe it was 2011 not sure.

The coatings are not stock.

The upper outer tube dimensions you gave are 47mm forks.

The caps look like 08-09 CRF250, no newer than '09 and the lugs are 2009 CRF250.

Pretty sure the lugs went from MENF in 2008 to KRNL in 2009 and the lugs for the 48mm forks are KRNM and so on.

Either way, these are Honda Showa forks. A CRF250/450 2005-2014 brake caliper and 2005-2016 axle should work fine.

Jason

• Like 1