Sign in to follow this  

jersey options over top body protection

I recently got a fox titan sport jacket. It has front and back protection as well as full arm protection (forearm, elbow and shoulder). I'm wondering if anyone has the same thing or something similar and what do you wear over top of it? I tried on an xl jersey, which fit but was just a little snug over the armour(mostly on the arms). Should I just go to a bigger jersey? Or is there another option I haven't seen. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I wear Leatt under xl jerseys with no problem. Must just be dependent on how yer built. You can cut your sleeves off, or go with a bigger jersey. BTW- I am 6'1" and about 190 lbs. G

I go with a xxl jersey to got over my armor where normally I'd wear a xl. One size up should do it.

• Like 2

I recently got a fox titan sport jacket. It has front and back protection as well as full arm protection (forearm, elbow and shoulder). I'm wondering if anyone has the same thing or something similar and what do you wear over top of it? I tried on an xl jersey, which fit but was just a little snug over the armour(mostly on the arms). Should I just go to a bigger jersey? Or is there another option I haven't seen. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I got the same fox armor, that stuff is awesome, easy to use and protective! I normally wear clothes in XL. That Titan jacket you go up two sizes about. My jerseys are 2 and 3 XL.

Some folks just wear the armor over a shirt or jersey.

I tried a leatt armored vest that went for 260 and I liked the fox at 150 much better.

• Like 2

Depends on jersey brand too. I have a fox jersey that the sleeves are way too tight with nothing under them.

That's interesting, it was a fox jersey that I tried over top. It was an xl and I usually wear a large. It was mostly snug on the arms.

I got the same fox armor, that stuff is awesome, easy to use and protective! I normally wear clothes in XL. That Titan jacket you go up two sizes about. My jerseys are 2 and 3 XL.

Some folks just wear the armor over a shirt or jersey.

I tried a leatt armored vest that went for 260 and I liked the fox at 150 much better.

Ya I tried a few different brands and preferred the fox. The price was right also. I'll try going up a couple of sizes and see if that helps. I'd like to wear something over top of the jacket to protect it from damage if I do go down. Jerseys are fairly cheap.

Thanks for the replies all!

If you look at ratings rom online retailers like revzilla, the fox Titan pro gets rave reviews. FYI, I think it runs a tad bit smaller than normal size. Half size up for me, and it has great quality easy to adjust straps to make fit snug but comfortable.

If you look at ratings rom online retailers like revzilla, the fox Titan pro gets rave reviews. FYI, I think it runs a tad bit smaller than normal size. Half size up for me, and it has great quality easy to adjust straps to make fit snug but comfortable.

Isn't that thing hotter than hell in anything over 75*?  Looks like it would be.  When I was looking for body armor I started reading mountain bike reviews (they wear a lot of the same stuff we do) and went with what they liked.  Dirt biking is hard work, but mountain biking is much harder and sweatier.

Isn't that thing hotter than hell in anything over 75*?  Looks like it would be.  When I was looking for body armor I started reading mountain bike reviews (they wear a lot of the same stuff we do) and went with what they liked.  Dirt biking is hard work, but mountain biking is much harder and sweatier.

What did you get cj? I'm assuming it will get hot and I'll probably pick and choose my times to wear it and ride accordingly.

What did you get cj? I'm assuming it will get hot and I'll probably pick and choose my times to wear it and ride accordingly.

Leatt 3DF Body Vest. I'm really curious to see if it will roast me in the summer, I've never worn anything like it.

Isn't that thing hotter than hell in anything over 75*?  Looks like it would be. 

Its definitely another layer but its also well vented, I've never felt over heated by it

• Like 1

Oh, you bring up a great point. The Titan is really good during summer because it doesn't have non breathing padding. It's mesh, Velcro, hard pads. A simple wicking t shirt with the jacket over works great. I rode a bunch during the summer for many hour rides at 90plus Fahrenheit. I have both the black and white color versions.

• Like 1

My logic has always been that it's hot in the summer anyway, how much hotter could it actually be? I don't really notice it being any less comfortable (temp wise) than riding in "normal" gear. Prolly 'cause I can ride faster, thereby creating a greater cooling effect (jk). G

Oh, you bring up a great point. The Titan is really good during summer because it doesn't have non breathing padding. It's mesh, Velcro, hard pads. A simple wicking t shirt with the jacket over works great. I rode a bunch during the summer for many hour rides at 90plus Fahrenheit. I have both the black and white color versions.

^^ This is how I do it in the summer here in South Texas. I also use a hydration pack full of ice which helps to keep cool. It doesn't flow a ton of air, but the airflow is definitely noticeable when you start moving. 

In the winter, I wear a long sleeve wicking shirt underneath and an XL Fox jersey over the top of the Titan jacket. The jersey material is a little tight in the arms over the jacket, but I don't notice it while riding. 

I wear a Thor Impact rig when I ride.  I wear a moisture wicking (Under Armour) type of short sleeve shirt under it.  Sometimes I just wear that, sometimes I'll put a jersey on over the top (XL size works for me).  I haven't really overheated, but I've had a couple wrecks where I'd have been torn up w/out it on.  

IMO, a little extra sweating is well worth it.

I wear a Thor Impact rig when I ride.  I wear a moisture wicking (Under Armour) type of short sleeve shirt under it.  Sometimes I just wear that, sometimes I'll put a jersey on over the top (XL size works for me).  I haven't really overheated, but I've had a couple wrecks where I'd have been torn up w/out it on.  

IMO, a little extra sweating is well worth it.

+1

When yer old and fat like me you actually welcome the extra sweat......

Edited by 2012 450 xc-w

You CO/ID boys don't know what sweat is. Funny thread. We need a lot of airflow down here at sea level in high humidity.

Edited by YHGEORGE