Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse core exp?

I finally got my hands on another rm250 a 2005 model that needs a ton of work. I had a 2006 years ago and regret selling it so I had to get another! I plan to make this bike a woods weapon and considering that the cylinder needs a replate I am thinking a 265 kit. I want to run a rekluse clutch but only the exp 3.0 is available. According to rekluse the exp can not handle the big bore kit. So my question is: has anyone pieced a core exp together for one of these bikes? Maybe using rmz450 parts? Thank you.

I have a 2003 rm250 with the 265 kit from max power rpm and have 8 hrs on it with the rekluse exp 3.0 so far no issues

Not really once the motor is running but just while sitting on the stand without it running yes it feels like you have kx500 clutch springs in it... Set up with the 3 red springs and 3 blue springs for medium engagement cause it comes set up for the 450 with all 6 springs red...

not sure if it helps but my rekluse is a 2.0 in an rmx450, box says it fits rm250 and rmz 450. my clutch has around 1000 hours on it so i guess it should handle the big bore for some time?

I put a recluse in my 05 RM250 and hated it. It worked fine but took forever to get on the pipe after a corner. The 2T fun factor is gone with a recluse clutch. Also the clutch pull was crazy hard! I sold the recluse and got a magura hydro clutch instead. clutch pull is butter smooth and the engagement is always exactly the same.

I put a recluse in my 05 RM250 and hated it. It worked fine but took forever to get on the pipe after a corner. The 2T fun factor is gone with a recluse clutch. Also the clutch pull was crazy hard! I sold the recluse and got a magura hydro clutch instead. clutch pull is butter smooth and the engagement is always exactly the same.

I agree about the rekluse , had a 3.0 in my 05 rm for a couple rides and didn't really care for it to much. It did help traction on nasty up hills though but hated the clutch pull. I'm running a gore 300 kit and didn't have any problems, when I pulled it out it still looked brand new with about 12 hours on it. Would definitely be interested in a rekluse core manual set up but they don't offer it for the rm.

I think a full Hinson clutch is the way to go(basket,inner hub, pressure plate ) good luck finding a pressure plate though, there discontinued. Any time I find one I buy it( have 1 in the bike and 1 on the shelf brand new) and still looking.

I think a rekluse works excellent on 4 strokes