Sign in to follow this  

Looking into buying a Dual Sport Motrocycle

Hello,

I'm thinking of purchasing something that can be driven around town and on the rare occasion, on the highway. I'm considering dual sport because I ride an ATV and I wanted something a little more exciting around the trails. I would be riding the bike in the north east PA region around the Dubois area in some mud with other ATV riders. What do you guys recommend?

I am 6'5" 210lbs. and a beginner when it comes to dirtbikes.

I've been looking around craigslist for a dirtbike for some time now and stumbled upon this post.

https://pennstate.craigslist.org/mcy/5393027439.html

Does this look like something for me? Would this satisfy my needs? With all of the dual sport laws it would really be nice to have an already built machine to ride on.

Thanks.

Hey, It's been five days.

Does anybody have an opinion on the Bike? Is it right for me?

Thanks

That Dr will be too small for you both power and size wise. Look for at least a 400 if you intend to ride on road at all. Drz400 is popular and reliable, but personally, I would lean towards a Honda xr400. Either can be found cheap, both are reliable, both are still small enough they are good trail bikes. Kawasaki 350 super sherpa is also a good option, but usually a little more expensive. Pick a color, you will like any of them for what you want.