Sign in to follow this  

San Felipe 250 questions

Hi everyone. Ok so myself and two other people are going to be doing the San Felipe 250 this year for the first time. We will be doing the sportsman over class on a crf450x. Going through the rule book I ran into something I'm not sure of. In Regards to cr16 ignition: it says that the vehicle needs a positive action on-off switch. Does this mean that I need to wire in an on off switch or does the electric start / kick starter and a kill switch meet this requirement? Any help would be greatly appreciated

-Ryan

i had heard it, and   in Dec. Score was calling it the Baja 250 - but I see on their site they list it as the San Felipe 250.

so you should be good and probably just a false alarm

Edited by soylent_green

That rule is for 4 wheel vehicles.

Bikes need

-working taillight

-zip tie or wire on the spokes and fuel line

-tracker (and way to mount it)

-first aid kit

they rarely check very hard for any of it

you will need to make sure your helmet is current (that they check)

have fun!

san felipe is awesome

• Like 2

That rule is for 4 wheel vehicles.

Bikes need

-working taillight

-zip tie or wire on the spokes and fuel line

-tracker (and way to mount it)

-first aid kit

they rarely check very hard for any of it

you will need to make sure your helmet is current (that they check)

have fun!

san felipe is awesome

Thank you. I was able to get in touch with one of the tech guys at score and they verified the kill switch question I had. I'm gonna be going through my bike over the next week or so and getting everything prepped and squared away. I was told that there would be a pre tech to have the bike looked at so I am going to try to get down to that however I cannot find when and where the pre tech will be. I have been having difficulty in finding out the entry fee a mount as well as obtaining a score membership. Has anyone else had issues navigating the score website or is this just me? Edited by hondamoto74

Make sure they put on the metal tag that goes on the frame

I'm assuming that they do this at pre tech? Any idea as to where or when this is?

Well, they are suppose to, but when they dont, it is devastating at the finish line. Tech used to be on the Malecon

Hondamoto74, it's understandable that you're trying to be as prepared as possible but you're dealing with SCORE.

Yes their website sucks, it's not just you.

I'm guessing there's not good info on score site yet because they are only now finalizing (maybe) where the course will actually run.

Stop worrying about all the little stuff, it does no good.

Just do regular tech inspection, it takes 5 minutes (do not wait in any line with cars, go to the front).

Just get your race stuff/supplies/bike/crew ready and plan on being somewhere in Baja Feb.21-28.

Only concern yourself with 3 of the 4 bullet points MotomanX gave you... The tracker thing is never the same program, it's likely to change, take it as it comes during sign-up/tech.   And don't try to follow "rules" with a medical kit, just wing it with some items from your bathroom cabinet.  Like Motomanx said,  they don't really check (except helmet).

You'll find things with score are constantly changing, even the actual legal course, up until race day.

Take it easy, don't worry.

• Like 3