Carb and air intake help

i messed up my bike its a 04 rm125 only got it about a month or so ago

so i cleaned the air filter put new oil on it and it started fine just after that, i should have left the filter for a day or soo before riding but i went for a quick 15 minute ride and my bike ended up cutting out i got home checked it out and there was oil all in the air tube, whats the best way to clean out all the oil from the air intake? ill be taking the carb out tomorrow and giving it a clean any ideas would help and any solutions thanks... 

When you meant cut out. Eithier the airfilter oil gummed up the carb or you fouled a plug. Can't see airfilter oil doing any harm to the motor no?

i got a new spark plug which did nothing so kinda wasted a bit of money there, cleaned carb out today which also didint seem to change anything bike kicks over fine, sounds like theres compression and definitely a spark which just makes this even more frustrating, if cant do anything within next few days will just take to local mechanic 

Edit: when it cut out it didint putt out or anything it just stoped i was going down the road then the engine out out and wheel was rubbing on the ground, after that i tried starting it a few times then push starting couldn't start it so just pushed it back home

Edited by carlthompson71

I'm no expert or anything on this but my 2001 rm 125 did the same thing. It has compression and it would start just smoke like crazy. I'm pretty sure my oil seal went bad but I took it to a friend of mine who is working on it right now. But change your crank case oil and see if it like a milky grey color. If it is that means water is getting into it or your anti freeze. But I'm not positive

when you "cleaned" the air filter and the carb did you happen to use water ? i you used water and there was moisture in that air filter guess what you just got water into your motor and water is the enemy of gasoline combustion motor

• 2 weeks later...