2016 KTM Factory Editions shipping status and other info

I called my dealer today and he said my bike has now been allocated from the Mfr.  He said that means he was able to make sure my name is associated thru the Mfr that the first 450 FE that arrives at his shop is dedicated to me.  In other words, even the Mfr now has my name associated with the bike.  He also said that his distributor will let him know in the next couple days what the estimated delivery date will be.  I will let you guys know what he says in the next couple days.  Probably mid next week.

The local dealer here in Cambridge Minnesota, called me up yesterday and said

"The first 2 of the 4, 450sx-f F/E he's receiving, will be delivered in early February.

The second shipment, which includes mine, will arrive the second week of March."

We talked about perhaps leaving mine sit on the showroom floor for a few weeks so

customers can get a good look at it... Seems like a reasonably request considering

it's currently -10 degrees outside and I won't be riding it until late march... at best.

Thanks for sharing that video Zip-ty, I've been scouring the net hard and finding Lil !

Edited by Lil_Dude

The dealer I have my deposit down with told me he got his allocation this past week and it had an April delivery date. He thinks that is the second shipment of FE's.

Yep mine told me the same thing for the second shipment which is what I'm waiting on.. Gonna be bad!

Just spoke to my NM dealer and he said they are expected in town around mid to late February.  He also said they are expecting 2 more 450's and 2 of the 250's.  None of those 4 have a deposit on them yet.  So they are available if you want to put a deposit on one.  If interested, send me a private message and I will give you some contact info.  I will also have a 2014 450 FE for sale soon after that.

Edited by Zip-tyDuctTape

• 2 weeks later...

I have read there is a guy in Finland that has now received his bike and I hear that someone in California now has theirs but can't confirm that one.  Here is some info on the 450 FE from the guy in Finland.

The Numbers do come off the 450 also.  He has a picture on the forum that proves it.  Here is the link to the forum posts:

http://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Well-here-it-is-the-KTM-SXF-450-Factory-Edition-2016,1298061?page=1

1. Does it come with the map switch on the bars? Yes
2. Hour meter? Yes
3. Air pump for forks? Yes
4. O-ring chain or just a standard chain that is gold? Not sure

Anyone in the states have theirs yet and can post pictures?

Edited by Zip-tyDuctTape