Sign in to follow this  

I NEED HELP

I have a 2003 rm100 (Basically a kx100) and a while ago while we were riding it all the sudden stopped hitting the powerband. it would just bog. And I took it apart and saw the cylinder was in horrible shape. So we just recently got a new cylinder and piston kit for it, broke it in and all and now its fully broken in, It still wont hit the powerband. Brand new cylinder and piston. I have cleaned the carb, cleaned the air filter, we are running 93 octane with 100% synthetic oil. power valves work fine. I even messed with the needle clip and positioning and still no luck. Reeds are good, compression is good, fuel is good, and the elitrical has little restance but not to much so I doubt that's it. But any thoughts?? Im open to anything and everything!

When you rebuilt it was the crank in good shape? Any discoloration? Any play? But besides that my best guess would check the fly wheel maybe the key got a little squished and the flywheel spun a little bit making the timing a little off? When in neutral does it rev up fine? Or is it only when it's in gear and you are moving?

• Like 1

Yes the reeds are good and carb is clean. And as for the crank it had no play and very little discoloration. Silincer packing seams good. I even took it off to make sure that wasn't it and still had the exact same problem. The flywheel is good and the keeper is new and spot on.

Well try searching around on either thumper talk or YouTube for "won't rev just bogs" I'm sure other people have had the same issue try searching around see if you can find anything similar

Are you sure you put the power valve back together the right way with all the right parts?? Since it was a. New cylinder maybe the assembly was diffrent???

Start with the basics, double check that your spark plug isn't damaged, also make sure your throttle cable is adjusted properly.

The powervalves are put back together just like the diagram says to do. And it goes up when the revs are high and doesnt stick at all. The spark plug is brand new and throttle cable is adjusted with about a 1/8 inch play 

Also, just a forum usage FYI...it helps to post what the actual problem is as your title rather than I NEED HELP. It grabs more people's attention, specifically people that know what this problem is.

When it's on a stand and in neutral does it rev up high? Or is it always bogging? I feel like this is defenilty a problem with The stator/flywheel

suzuki-rm100-2003-k3-usa-e03-clutch_big3

part number 601 i believe

try taking off the exhaust to make sure there is no blockage first tho and see if it  changes 

i call em friction bearings they're also called thrust bearings

Edited by 78SuzyQ

so when you say it doesn't hit the powerband do you mean it doesn't have power when it needs power or you know specifically what rpm range the motor hits it's powerband ? Because people throw that term around a lot but don't really grasp it 

does the bike feel like it's losing power when you twist the throttle or does it rev but doesn't have enough power there are just so many symptoms that can describe a wide range of problems so unless you're really really specific it's hard to pin point

what were you doing when the symptoms first appeared just riding around and all of a sudden you lost power ? the bike was still running ? the bike stalled etc etc

I define the power band as after the kinda bog in power like two strokes do, and it has some power but not much. The symptoms started after we took a break from riding and started riding about 15 minutes later

try disconnecting the kill switch first completely from the circuit

it could be that the kill switch is in a position in between on and off causing impedance to the ac circuit 

secondly when the bike is running check all the wires for heat starting from the stator to the cdi feel the cdi for excessive heat and feel the wiring on both sides before and after the CDI 

the only things i could think of is that somewhere along the line you missed something