RMZ's and shootouts

I think 90% of it is BS... it's a few lbs heavier, down a few ponies, but offers more torque than several. It is just as fast as the rest, the weight is non existent once the bike is in motion, and the bike still looks good. 

Unless you are a pro... most of those things don't even matter. Pick a color and go ride. 

• Like 3

I think 90% of it is BS... it's a few lbs heavier, down a few ponies, but offers more torque than several. It is just as fast as the rest, the weight is non existent once the bike is in motion, and the bike still looks good.

Unless you are a pro... most of those things don't even matter. Pick a color and go ride.

I totally agree, most people buy spec sheets and in reslity thry will never see the full potential of any of the mx bikes on the market but damn does it look good and sound good when they say how their bike was the bike of the year accordind to magazines or that they have the most hp which they eill never exploit except maybe on a stretch, really it comes doen to which bike suits your wallet of which design/color you prefer

The rmz is very dated but the whole magizne review thing just doesn't work for me. Taking marks or giving a bad review for the handle bars, tires, graphics and suspension is a waste of time. 99% of people that are buying the latest bike are going to put their favorite bar bend on, their own numbers and graphics, their favorite brand of tire and get the bike revalved by their favorite tuner. Plus they will put on an exhaust.

They need to rethink the shootouts IMO

Edited by Rotaholic
  • Like 6

I think it would be cool for the Magazine's to allow for like 5 basic changes to each bike to address what issues they have with Showa TAC air suspension/WP 4CS valving, exhaust, bars, unplug the Husky air box, change the triple clamp on the Yamaha (in Transworld's case), add hand guards at dirt rider, have Jody add a tooth to the rear sprockets (at MXA), or whatever that may be at each publication.  Then do another shootout.  I'm not saying the Suzuki would do better or worse, I just think it would make all the bikes even closer than they already are and more importantly be entertaining to read while in my throne, I mean home office every morning. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Weight matters. Physics, plain and simple. At least to those who understand it. I think ten pounds would make a huge difference in how the bike fared in the shootouts. Either way, in today's market if your product is not very close to the competition, you are going to suffer if for nothing more than psychological reasons. Physics is physics,,,,Human nature is human nature.

• Like 1

Weight matters. Physics, plain and simple. At least to those who understand it. I think ten pounds would make a huge difference in how the bike fared in the shootouts. Either way, in today's market if your product is not very close to the competition, you are going to suffer if for nothing more than psychological reasons. Physics is physics,,,,Human nature is human nature.

Yeah you are not wrong in that but in reality at least 75% of the people buying bikes will never exploit any of the bikes on the markets to it's full potential even stock

• Like 1