Sign in to follow this  

2013 RM-Z 250 with 2007 RM-Z 250 Forks and shocks?

Hey everyone,

I race offroad but I love to ride MX during the week as well (I'm not good but I have fun).

I'm thinking about dedicating my 2013 forks/shocks to offroad and getting them re-valved for it.

I found a good deal off of Kijiji for a 2007 RM-Z 250 Forks/Shocks and was just going to get them re-valved for my weight for offroad....I know those forks might not be great or whatever but they should be good enough for my MX skills.

Now ...question...will they fit? I know not a ton has changed since 2007 but I wanted to check here first to see if they would mount on a 2013, would be nice to just change forks/shocks and ride mx with better settings. 

well I did a quick check online to just buy a set of triple clamps from RIDE ENGINEERING

They mark the RMZ 250 as years 07-12 and then 13-15 so from that I would assume that the triple clamp have changed some but can anyone confirm it is because of a bigger fork?

If the forks are larger its not uncommon to have the clamps machined out to accept the larger fork....then use machined shim (with a top hat like lip to secure/hold in place) to make up the difference when running the smaller dia fork

What about another brand? At one point I heard KX250F's were the same as the Suzuki, could I just purhcase a set of KX forks and put them on the suzuki so I don't need to build a shim?