Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Starvation Ridge 24HR Challenge!

My team has an idea for a racing class at the Starvation Ridge 24 hour endurance race. We want to fill our team up (6 riders I believe) and only race 1 bike for the entire event. Let me know what you guys think, and if you want to try for yourself, maybe we can get an official class arranged at the event.

Pro class used to be 4 riders, 1 bike only so it isn't like this would be new for Scott.  But how many classes do we really need out there?  Already a lot of them with only 1, 2, or 3 teams total.  I don't think there was a single 40 Expert team at all this year.

I am all for an additional class or two (I would like to see a duo/two man team class like they did in New York, personally) but at some point we all need to be a little realistic and quit having so many classes out there.

And yeah, I have this same issue with the vast majority of racing organizations these days...  Too many classes to cater to a few guys so they have better odds of getting a trophy.

If some guys really wanted to be more masochistic than the average one of us idiots out there wandering around at 3am in the dark, there is nothing that would prevent you from having a full team and only using one bike.

• Like 1

So just enter the pro class

I did away with the pro class years ago for two reasons.

Pro riders were literally wearing out a bike in 24hrs. The $2,500 first place didn't cover the cost of fixing the bike!

An insurance issue came up with Blue Cross where they would disallow a claim if the injured rider was on the track at the same time as PRO participants. So joe Shmoe with blue cross, racing in the 30 amateurs ( for instance) ,could be denied a claim I there were PRO's on the track at the same time, wether involved or NOT!

I would be open to 1 bike teams BUT......the participating teams would be responsible for making sure none of the teams used a second bike. Just like I used to pit the pro's next to each other so they could keep an eye on their  competition. And we would need at least 3 teams in the class.