Sign in to follow this  

Need some help buying some stuff

I have the 2015 fe350s Husky

I need a few things, hoping I can get some good recommendations on quality gear.

• I have a size 13 foot and I find the gear shifter and brake pedal to be a bit small. I need something of decent quality and a bit over sized?
  • When the bike tips over, it's spilling gas through the black rubber gas tube. I've seen parts that stop the fuel from spilling out. Any suggestions on a quality part?

Hammerhead shift tip and brake tips. As for the gas...stop falling!!! Lol!

Any of the vented tubes should have a one way on them. Are you missing the 90* thing that vents to the frame?

• When the bike tips over, it's spilling gas through the black rubber gas tube. I've seen parts that stop the fuel from spilling out. Any suggestions on a quality part?

Is the ball missing in your gas cap?

Edited by Spud786

Any of the vented tubes should have a one way on them. Are you missing the 90* thing that vents to the frame?

Bike got desmogged. Think something got yanked.

So, what I need is a reliable after market product.

Hammerhead shift tip and brake tips. As for the gas...stop falling!!! Lol!

The tips. Can I buy just the tips or do I need the entire assembly? I was on slavensracing.com and they had that stuff but I got a bit confused due to some requirements.

And if I'm not falling, always means I'm not trying hard enough. A day of no falls was a day of pussin out.

I need a few things, hoping I can get some good recommendations on quality gear.

• I have a size 13 foot and I find the gear shifter and brake pedal to be a bit small. I need something of decent quality and a bit over sized?

If you fall gas will always come out. It goes unseen or seen via a mini hose/cap.

This should always be removed!

Would someone be so kind as to verify if the following are an answer on the fuel cap tube?

http://www.ktm-parts.com/81307930000.html

http://slavensracing.com/shop/uni-flow-hose-by-drc/

I found this over sized rear brake tip by Hammerhead that fits using stock mounting.

http://slavensracing.com/shop/standard-aluminum-brake-tips-by-hammerhead-designs/

Here is a video of what Slavens Racing offers, pretty good video where you can see sizes and designs. The offset ones are interesting for a person that needs something unusual. I just needed a bigger one.

If you fall gas will always come out. It goes unseen or seen via a mini hose/cap.

This should always be removed!

I'm thinking the gas shouldn't be pouring over hot parts, or onto me?

I have this fear of fire, the idea of burning like a human torch is one of my imaginary pet peeves of a future gone amok....

The OEM vent valve will stop working and your bike will run like $hit if it even runs. You can remove this vent and run the hose into the frame like stock. This is the cheapest route but more gas will flow. I have used the small cap vent and while it leaks gas, if doesn't pour. Anytime you fall you have the chance to catch fire. I have fallen many times and yet to catch fire.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/931/48044/Husqvarna-Factory-Fuel-Tank-Cap-Vent?term=gas+cap+vent+tube

Edited by weantright

Non "S" vent hose without check valve.

Charcoal canister

CAM00187%203_zpsakbzmpcc.jpg

imagesYIG3Z7IX.jpg

Edited by weantright

The vent stops "breathing". I had two go bad personally, one caused gas boiling from pressurizing the tank, stalling and then a DNF. The other prevented the fuel to flow. I also had several friends with issues on the trail. Popped the cap, removed the check valve and all was find. What ever you do don't route the hose to your steering stem otherwise your bottom bearing will be washed clean,,,,, well if you fall a lot.

For the "S" people the over flow of gas can fill the charcoal canister and hose from the tank resulting in a rich running motor or a fuel shortage from vacuum on vent hose. If you remove this check valve you will need to do something to prevent gas from pouring into the canister.

Edited by weantright

Good to know. Its an easy and cheap enough little fix that it would be silly not to do it. Its kind of funny that a bike with such great fit and finish has a problem with a check valve... like the most simple little device. 

Its the same with all brands,,,,, well almost all brands.

Edited by weantright

Ive not yet had an issue with stock cap check ball, 250 hours near 13,000 miles, maybe they are just hit or miss if you get a good one.

I'm still trying to figure out the fuel cap issue....

But, I'm satisfied with my shifter and brake tip issue.

Below is a picture of my new stuff. Additionally, the service by Hammerhead was very good. I couldn't find the shifter stuff for Husky so I sent an email. I got a response back within 24 hrs explaining what part I needed to get and how to get blue instead of orange. I also could select which shift tip size I wanted, and whether I wanted pure aluminum or rubber tip. As you can see, they even provided a spare rubber tip. The packaging is class act, and the in the hand quality is superior.

The brake tip below is supposed to be 1/4 by 1/4 inch larger and wider than stock. 

So, if you got a size 11 boot or larger, you might find this of interest.  

004.JPG

I like the hammerhead stuff but I had the splines inside the shifter strip out on me in less than one season. It's the only time it's ever happened to me. I went back to cheap moose parts and it's never been an issue

My only issue with larger brake tips, is your more likely to step on it accidently and cause a riding malfunction.

My only issue with larger brake tips, is your more likely to step on it accidently and cause a riding malfunction.

If you need a larger tip then you are not likely to drag or accidently cause any malfunctions. I had one on a past bike, move it to my new bike but didn't like it at all. Same tip, two different bikes brands with two different outcomes. One thing is these tips can take a beating!

My son likes these tips because they don't let the boot slip as easily especially in mud.

Edited by weantright