Sign in to follow this  

Fork coloring?

I have kyb SSS forks and want to color the upper fork tubes black. Currently gold. Paint is obviously a bad idea as to wear and scratching just sliding them into the clamps. I feel powder coating would be to thick and heating it in an oven might have negative effects on the metal.

What other options should i consider? And if you know approx cost that would be great too.

Thanks.

P.S. if this post isn't technical enough, let me know.

Contact someone who offers the service in your area and they can most likely give you ballpark on cost.

I just saw that post about him being in Japan. I was doing more research and i think it's gonna be more money than i wish to spend on making them black only for appearance. Thanks guys.

So. Apparently i have an old friend that works at a powder coating place near me.

Is it safe to powder coat the triple clamps and upper fork tubes?

Keyword safe.

Thanks guys.

I am concerned about thickness. But at approximately 0.006 to 0.010 in. Would it really be noticeable?

On a side note, he might be able to anodize them. Do i need to plug the ends so they don't anodize the inside? Or will that not effect anything?

For me I would not want anything getting on the inside, so I would plug them.

Any idea with what? My friend may be able to do this at his work for free. So I'm trying to keep it as simple for him as possible.

Not gonna powder coat. Still debating on anodizing. Thanks for the input guys.

There is someone on here that can get them Kashima coated for what anodizing would cost...

Who is it and how much is it?