Sign in to follow this  

2016 350 XC-F stator output and cooling fan

Hey all.  Does anyone know if my stock stator is enough to power a 30 watt Trail Tech cooling fan?  I'm hoping it's a barely.  

BTW....  SICK BIKE!!!!!!!!!  I love this thing.  I'm told KTM has improved the cooling system for the new line up.....   but trust me.....  they haven't.  For technical trail riding, a fan will be required like always.

Hey all.  Does anyone know if my stock stator is enough to power a 30 watt Trail Tech cooling fan?  I'm hoping it's a barely.  

BTW....  SICK BIKE!!!!!!!!!  I love this thing.  I'm told KTM has improved the cooling system for the new line up.....   but trust me.....  they haven't.  For technical trail riding, a fan will be required like always.

Trail Tech cooling fan works GREAT with stock stator - no problems whatsoever.  I was told by Trail Tech that when the fan kicks on, there is enough power to run the fan, but while the fan is running the battery is not charging.  I recently went on a very technical ride where there were LOTS of opportunities for the bike to overheat, and the fan kicked on 3 or 4 times, all at what I felt would be appropriate times (I have the thermo set to 190 degrees).  I also added Evans waterless coolant - FYI

• Like 1

Yes. I am running a ktm fan on my 2016 450XC-F. It's on a manual switch and I just flick it on when it gets gnarly. No issues so far.

Have you tried bumping up your throttle position sensor a little??

I too was getting some boiling over on my '16 350 XCF and installed the Trail Tech fan.  I didn't want it draining the battery with the bike off, so wired it to the relay that cuts the power when the motor's not running (don't ask me what the relay actually does).  Set my thermo at 190 as well.  Works great.