Sign in to follow this  

Infamous 2011 350SF-X

Hi everybody

This forum has helped me many times to fix issues on my bike without ever posting a thread but this time it seems like its my turn.-smile

This is one for the hardcore bike fixer

I have a 2011 350sx-f. Bought new and never had real issues beside TPS and so forth but always kept the bike running

4 weeks ago I went racing and after HEAT 3 the bike refuses to start not even when  pushed

Since then I have

Changed TPS and adjusted with voltmeter (we also know the bike can start with TPS disconnected)

Changed Stator for an aftermarket one (stator was bad) 

Changed injector and spark plug

Got new air filter

Adjusted shims intake exhaust and set timing

I have a dirt rider cam chain tensioner

20 microns secondary fuel filter

New tank fuel filter

I have good spark ,good compression, starter is turning and since the bike is getting no fuel after a while she's pops.

I came down to No fuel coming to the carb despite good fuel pump(cycle works) and I can hear the pump sound. The fuel come right to the injector but does no go further. When I take the injector out of the throttle body and test it I get fuel coming out but no t when installed in his position and my spark plug remains dry.

Is my EFI fried? A friend tells me that my fuel pressure should be much stronger but since we have no dealers around this part of Africa we can't really test.

Anyone out there got an idea? Thanks a million

Jean

Unfortunately, I think you need to visit a dealer (is there one in Ghana with a good mechanic) ...

They are supposed to have the diagnostic tools so you aren't having to play the game you've been playing

Sounds like the tip over sensor is stopping the fuel ?

Bad fuel pump. Was pretty common issue with the 2011 350. My buddy bought one and the pump went out in 3 hours.

CACycleworks.com has a GOOD aftermarket one for less than KTM.

What is the blink code?

Check for pulse at the injector. Use a noid light which is what is used to test cars. Its a little plastic light assembly with two prongs sticking out the back. You plug them into the wire connector going to the injector, as if the noid is the injector. Crank it over to see if it flashes. If it does, the electronics are good. You can also get an automotive stethoscope. Place the tip on the injector body and listen for a clicking sound when you are cranking it. If you have pulse, but no noise from the injector, then the injector is bad.