Sign in to follow this  

any Beta out there with long interval maintenance?

just curious, any beta model with maintenance interval like say wr250r?

I'd like the 350/450RR but don't want to change oil every 5 days....

Nope

Really? You won't buy a Beta because the oil change intervals are too long? That's a new one on me. I certainly wouldn't let something that minor keep me from purchasing an amazing bike.

Really? You won't buy a Beta because the oil change intervals are too long? That's a new one on me. I certainly wouldn't let something that minor keep me from purchasing an amazing bike.

It's not in the cards for some. I can understand that though with some wanting to ride, but don't have the extra funds to throw at that type of bike when there are many other there with less upkeep. I have a bike that a required valve check can set you back 2000.00 if you don't do it yourself, thats just crazy.

How do you figure every five days? Is that what the manual says?

How do you figure every five days? Is that what the manual says?

every 5 hours or so, usually I ride an hour a day so 5 days for me.

I've read/heard, depending on the riding conditions you can stretch those intervals out. I've seen different instances involving both KTMs and Husabergs. I get it, different bikes/manufacturers but isn't the consensus that the factory intervals are under race conditions and for the bike manufacturer to play it safe so people don't destroy their engines?

I've read/heard, depending on the riding conditions you can stretch those intervals out. I've seen different instances involving both KTMs and Husabergs. I get it, different bikes/manufacturers but isn't the consensus that the factory intervals are under race conditions and for the bike manufacturer to play it safe so people don't destroy their engines?

I wouldn't chance it for what little time it takes. These bikes are so expensive yet so easy to screw up with lack of mantanaince. Sorry for bad spelling

Since I had the model with the first Beta engine (2010), I was concerned about maintenance intervals and emailed Beta to ask about the real-world numbers. Tim Pilg said if I was riding as a DS (as opposed to hard enduro), it wouldn't be a problem to change the oil at 1500 miles. I changed it more often, but I didn't worry when going out for a 1000 mile ride.

Edited by JustRon

I wouldn't chance it for what little time it takes. These bikes are so expensive yet so easy to screw up with lack of mantanaince. Sorry for bad spelling

I agree, and do my changes at the recommended intervals. Just bringing it up for conversations sake

• Like 1

Since I had the model with the first Beta engine (2010), I was concerned about maintenance intervals and emailed Beta to ask about the real-world numbers. Tim Pilg said if I was riding as a DS (as opposed to hard enduro), it wouldn't be a problem to change the oil at 1500 miles. I changed it more often, but I didn't worry when going out for a 1000 mile ride.

Taking your 1500 miles and dividing it by the req. 30hr service number gives you a 50 mpg avg. I'd find it hard to believe anyone would have that high of an avg. unless it was road only. My avg. is 21. 30hr could be extended but it's your call. I've had my oil checked by Blackstone at the 30hr mark and it's not even close to being out of spec. Thats using Rotella T3 10w-40.