Sign in to follow this  

Ride in December in New Mexico

I've never been down to Montesa but it looks like theres some good stuff out there.  I <3 sand berms.

• Like 1

Ugh, sand.  One of the reasons I hate sand is what happened to you at about the 1 minute mark, you made a sudden decision to turn, and bike didn't like that sudden decision in sand.

Ugh, sand.  One of the reasons I hate sand is what happened to you at about the 1 minute mark, you made a sudden decision to turn, and bike didn't like that sudden decision in sand.

Sand is your friend.  More predictable than hard pack and more forgiving.  Its just a matter of learning how to love it.

Sand is your friend.  More predictable than hard pack and more forgiving.  Its just a matter of learning how to love it.

Its the bottomless crap I really dislike, the stuff you find in the washes around here after it hasn't rained in awhile.  But I do like landing in it when I fall, I have to give it that.

Thats a good idea for a how-to video.  I'll have to put one together.  I really do love sand.  Only problem I have is when theres not enough sand and you get down to the hard base underneath.  Luckily out here as dry and windy as it is the sand manages to replenish itself pretty quickly.

Its the opposite of hard pack.  Theres not much you can't fix with more throttle and more speed. 

turbo dan, on 13 Jan 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

I've never been down to Montesa but it looks like theres some good stuff out there.  I <3 sand berms.

Yeah there's good stuff out there . Turning tracks ,hills ,single track stuff . Friends bring out ramps too from time to time and the list goes on .

cjjeepercreeper, on 13 Jan 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

Sand is awesome stuff to ride in . I just miscalculated the turn that's all . it happens .

Riding rocky trails  or even riding at all is Great .

Now not riding is NOT awesome and I haven't been able to for the last 4 weeks due to landing on my shoulder badly .

Went out for a ride a day after it snowed and hit some ice . It was all about the 8 second ride after that and didn't end well lol.

Edited by xxcody2gunsxx

Yeah there's good stuff out there . Turning tracks ,hills ,single track stuff . Friends bring out ramps too from time to time and the list goes on .

Sand is awesome stuff to ride in . I just miscalculated the turn that's all . it happens .

Riding rocky trails  or even riding at all is Great .

Now not riding is NOT awesome and I haven't been able to for the last 4 weeks due to landing on my shoulder badly .

Went out for a ride a day after it snowed and hit some ice . It was all about the 8 second ride after that and didn't end well lol.

Yep, not riding is bad, but I'm still recovering from a broken wrist, and anyway there is a foot of snow on the ground by my house.