Sign in to follow this  

Yoshimura RS4

Question for anyone with experience. I have a 2013 RMZ 450 with a Yosh RS4 slip on. The exhaust is very loud. Im thinking about buying a new stock exhaust at a great deal. Is the stock exhaust much quieter? Will I notice the loss bottom end or mid range? Does the Yosh aftermarket AMA end cap or the spark arrestor end cap quiet the can down?

Thank you in advance,

Mark

Check and see if the insert has been removed. A lot of guys remove them for some reason. My Yosh is not all that loud. Just deeper. 

To answer your question, yes the Yosh inserts work, they are designed to work for sound tests for different racing regs. They have several options avail for decibel levels. 

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 1

My RMZ came with a Yosh pipe with no insert.

Rode it a few times but got tired of the noise so bought the quietest insert available, made a very noticeable difference in the sound. Much quieter but still has a nice bark to it, just not as ear splitting. I didn't notice any drop in power either, I'd highly recommend. Pretty sure I got a 94db insert

• Like 1

My RMZ came with a Yosh pipe with no insert.

Rode it a few times but got tired of the noise so bought the quietest insert available, made a very noticeable difference in the sound. Much quieter but still has a nice bark to it, just not as ear splitting. I didn't notice any drop in power either, I'd highly recommend. Pretty sure I got a 94db insert

That is the insert that I am running. It still barks pretty good but as you said, but it is not ear splitting. Riding back to back, with and without... I think the bike has a little more snap with the insert. I never knew that it made that much of a difference. I have the 94 and the 99dB insert and the 94 is noticeably quieter. They all make a huge difference when comparing them to a pipe with no insert. 

I believe the S/A insert is even quiter than both of those.