Sign in to follow this  

RM250 electrical issue

So i was looking into buying a certain rm250 that apparently has no spark, the guy says he had the stator checked and it was good and that it just needs a new cdi box, does this sound like it will fix the issue or could there be more going on here?

It's a 2001. Is there a semi simple way to check why it could possibly be if I went to check out the bike?

you could check the stator's voltage output on the lead wire if it's a working stator it will put out voltage to spec if you don't have any voltage or its lower than spec the stator is still the problem

did you check the spark yourself or did you take the guys word for it

if you wanna check the spark unscrew the spark plug and plug it into the spark boot and ground the electrode to the metal on the cylinder then find a dark area to kick start the bike and look at the electrode for a spark

• Like 1

i just checked the coil on the bike and it only registered to .3 ohms, does this mean i need a new coil?

You need to look at the values in the manual. Then check the corresponding wire leads & see if they are inline with what the manual states.

anyone know if a full 2003 rm250 electrical system would work in an 01??