Sign in to follow this  

Washington secret/not so secret riding spot near chico way need help

I've been riding a wa state mixed use area near Bremerton for quite a few years mainly winter time as it stays puddle free.

I'm not going to mention the name as last time I heard the use of moto was being put on trial out there and really don't want a flood of new riders coming out to trash it.

my question is if anybody knows of the spot and how to do the loop by the mine.

I have found it a couple of times and think I could get out to it but can't remeber a couple of turns on the return trip.

sorry about being so vague, but like i said not sure how public this place is, Its not on the where2ride map on this site even.

the word sneak implies doing something wrong .expect  angry hikers with cellphone cameras taking your pic.and if the dnr guy sees you expect a ticket

Fair enough

We are normally there at sun rise and gone by the time the hikers show up anyway

Fair enough

We are normally there at sun rise and gone by the time the hikers show up anyway

This is a closed trail now. Leaving tire tracks there doesn't factor well in their decision to allow for motorized use of the site. There are many other areas to ride there that are not under the microscope. Suggest you try those instead.

• Like 1

Such a bummer all the decent spots to ride are going away, last time I was out there I did notice the mtb guys were cutting some new trails in. Seems like shit to me we loose our spots and they get more, don't get me wrong I ride mtb too, but damn it gets old watching the same shit happen over and over.

And yes I've been to the meetings work parties etc over the years, once an area is destine for the chopping block it doesn't seem to matter what you do

Guess I need to join a club with some private dirt to play on.