Tires you used in conjunction with tubliss and on what machine/riding type etc

I am in the market for tubliss. I see the motoz hybrid and sedona mx907v are top choices. What has been your experience and what do you recommend?

I purchased the Maxxis en for my 570 (maybe obvious but its not a competition bike for the likes of me) but the sidewall seems middle-of-the-road for a durable yet sticky compound. I am thinking about tubing that tire on my 650l.

So anyways, can someone make up their list, or link to other good bits on the topic?

Just tires, wheel size, race/trailride, rocks/sand/mud east coast/west coast.... Hawaii, Canada.... idk

I only run tubliss in the rear on my 01' YZ250 with an 18" rear wheel. I've ran an IRC M5B, and Mich S12 and now am running a Pirellii MT16. The M5B is the best for ugly rooty/muddy/rocky trails but wear quickly and chunk out bad quickly. The S12 holds up but I personally don't like the way it tracks and doesn't seem to do the job for me in Tillamook State Forest. My current tire and favorite is the Pirelli MT16, awesome traction and holds up to abuse much better than the M5B. All these tires I start out at around 8-10 psi depending on conditions and work my way down. My last ride before swapping tires was in a complete downpour and my M5B was really shot so I ran it at 3 psi all day and got crazy traction! Really surprises me every time I go out with the traction the tubliss can provide even with worn out bald ass tires. I ride in Oregon, and ride mostly nasty single track but we have our fair share of haul ass trails as well. Hope this helps.

Edited by TillamookTrailJunkie

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1452793007.751770.jpg I'm running the motoz mountain hybrid with Tubliss. And having a lot of trouble keeping air in the tire..... The inner bladder holds air perfect but the other chamber won't last a night in the garage. I should have used slime! But hey zero psi is awesome with this tired where I ride [emoji57]

With the rear tubliss, I've mostly ran the M5B 'cept for the time I dabbled in trials tires. I ride singletrack that range from loamy to lots of clay depending on the trail. We also have short sections of rocky lava cap and occasional trips out to the Nevada desert. I've found the M5B to hold up reasonably well, which is a whole lot better than the Dunlop's and Michelin's that I used to run. I'm not a tire spinner either, so I can good life out of most tires.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1452793007.751770.jpg I'm running the motoz mountain hybrid with Tubliss. And having a lot of trouble keeping air in the tire..... The inner bladder holds air perfect but the other chamber won't last a night in the garage. I should have used slime! But hey zero psi is awesome with this tired where I ride [emoji57]

add some slime...?

yeah...you post makes it sound like it's only for install. Pull the core and send the gorp in.

i was under the impression that you were supposed to coat the bead with slime. And not through the valve core. What happens when you let air out? It won't clog?

I run Tubliss front and rear. I have used them on '90 KDX200, '05 Gas Gas EC250, and currently a '98 KDX220. I'm a B level rider and hare scramble racer. I ride in the AZ Sonoran desert. That's lots of rocks of every size and sharpness, deep soft sand, hard pack, and silt. Lots of elevation change (ie; hill climbs/descents) and off camber riding. I don't run Slime or any other sealant with them.

All tires have been 80/100-21 front and 110/100-18 rear. Fronts I have run with Tubliss have been the Dunlop MX51/71's and MX32, and the Maxxis SI. MX51's were decent but wore out quickly. The 71 and 32 just sucked for me. The Maxxis SI at 7-9psi is my go to front. It wears great and is very predictable without wallowing at low pressures at speed. Very puncture resistant as well.

Rear tires get destroyed out here so I like something that lasts. I have used Dunlop MX51/71's, Maxxis IT, Pirelli Scorpion XC mid-soft, and Sedona MX907. Again, the MX51 was decent but shredded quickly, The MX71 was just horrible all around. The Pirelli had awesome straight line traction but broke loose too easily and would do so without warning but did wear well. The Maxxis IT wears like iron, was predictable but not the best traction, and very resistant to punctures/cuts. My favorite rear currently is the Sedona 907. Running it at 5psi. It wears great and provides way better traction in every situation compared to the others I tried. I really love how it handles off camber situations and rain ruts. It's also great on loose, rocky hill climbs and descents. Very confidence inspiring tire.

• Like 2

The motoz hybrid has to be one of the worst tires I've ran, even at 2 psi with tubliss. If you want a trials type tire go for the equilibrium and run it at 3-5 psi. The at81 is my favorite knobby so far, running at 5 psi or so.

my motoz mountain hybrid has done well. I can't complain it's not like I've been racing tho I just trail ride. Mostly mud hard pack trails. It's my first trial type tire I've ran so I can't compare to others. I will be switching back to full knobbys after the motoz is done, which will probably take forever...why don't u like it?

I run Tubliss front and rear. I have used them on '90 KDX200, '05 Gas Gas EC250, and currently a '98 KDX220. I'm a B level rider and hare scramble racer. I ride in the AZ Sonoran desert. That's lots of rocks of every size and sharpness, deep soft sand, hard pack, and silt. Lots of elevation change (ie; hill climbs/descents) and off camber riding. I don't run Slime or any other sealant with them.

All tires have been 80/100-21 front and 110/100-18 rear. Fronts I have run with Tubliss have been the Dunlop MX51/71's and MX32, and the Maxxis SI. MX51's were decent but wore out quickly. The 71 and 32 just sucked for me. The Maxxis SI at 7-9psi is my go to front. It wears great and is very predictable without wallowing at low pressures at speed. Very puncture resistant as well.

Rear tires get destroyed out here so I like something that lasts. I have used Dunlop MX51/71's, Maxxis IT, Pirelli Scorpion XC mid-soft, and Sedona MX907. Again, the MX51 was decent but shredded quickly, The MX71 was just horrible all around. The Pirelli had awesome straight line traction but broke loose too easily and would do so without warning but did wear well. The Maxxis IT wears like iron, was predictable but not the best traction, and very resistant to punctures/cuts. My favorite rear currently is the Sedona 907. Running it at 5psi. It wears great and provides way better traction in every situation compared to the others I tried. I really love how it handles off camber situations and rain ruts. It's also great on loose, rocky hill climbs and descents. Very confidence inspiring tire.

slavens likes that tire (907) it's really cheap too. Might be my next tire. Looks cool.

I've had air leak problems with Tubliss on several bikes, usually at the tire bead/rim flange.  But also air leaks between the Tubliss inner tire and the the main tire, and thru the tire casing.

Make sure the tire bead is smooth without gouges where it seals against the rim flange and against the Tubliss inner tire. Lots of slime is your friend, I paint it on the contact areas, and another coat to the tire/rim interface before inflating. 

One problem is that dirt bike tires are tube type and are missing a sealing layer of rubber inside the casing like a tubeless tire, and I've damaged tube tire casings from running too many miles at too low a pressure until the casing started leaking air. The leaks have an interesting leak patterns; usually from the base of knobs.

Another possible cause of casing leaks happens if you have a puncture and do a trail repair with a plug kit. After the ride add a patch to the inside over the puncture to seal the casing, common practice on car tires.

I've used Tubliss on the rear of 3 bikes and also on the front of one. That makes 4 wheels and I've had mixed results regarding air leaks:

One rear wheel needs air before each ride (weekly), I should spend the time to fix it but I hate tire changing/repairs. Some of the others will hold air for six months. Also had one with a damaged casing that would leak so fast it would go flat during a ride.

I've had to ride out several times with a flat front tire and had no rim damage because the Tubliss kept the tire bead tight against the rim. Zero pressure knobby tires make a funny growling noise at 30mph on logging roads.

For wet clay I often run 4psi and do not have air leaks or tire slip. Love the traction and sharp bump absorption at low psi.

I've had air leak problems with Tubliss on several bikes, usually at the tire bead/rim flange.  But also air leaks between the Tubliss inner tire and the the main tire, and thru the tire casing.

Make sure the tire bead is smooth without gouges where it seals against the rim flange and against the Tubliss inner tire. Lots of slime is your friend, I paint it on the contact areas, and another coat to the tire/rim interface before inflating. 

One problem is that dirt bike tires are tube type and are missing a sealing layer of rubber inside the casing like a tubeless tire, and I've damaged tube tire casings from running too many miles at too low a pressure until the casing started leaking air. The leaks have an interesting leak patterns; usually from the base of knobs.

Another possible cause of casing leaks happens if you have a puncture and do a trail repair with a plug kit. After the ride add a patch to the inside over the puncture to seal the casing, common practice on car tires.

I've used Tubliss on the rear of 3 bikes and also on the front of one. That makes 4 wheels and I've had mixed results regarding air leaks:

One rear wheel needs air before each ride (weekly), I should spend the time to fix it but I hate tire changing/repairs. Some of the others will hold air for six months. Also had one with a damaged casing that would leak so fast it would go flat during a ride.

I've had to ride out several times with a flat front tire and had no rim damage because the Tubliss kept the tire bead tight against the rim. Zero pressure knobby tires make a funny growling noise at 30mph on logging roads.

For wet clay I often run 4psi and do not have air leaks or tire slip. Love the traction and sharp bump absorption at low psi.

+1 on all this...I usually junk the rear tire not because I can't any traction out of it anymore, but rather it's hemorrhaging slime and air at every knob base.