Sign in to follow this  

Great day yesterday at the Motocross park Thailand

These bikes perform OK at the tracks, Can really notice weight difference and power when approaching a jump and landing. . Would have loved to of had a CRF 450. But the 250 is also great fun riding around the streets. 

mcross.jpg

mcross1.jpg

mcross2.jpg

mcross3.jpg

mcross4.jpg

mcross5.jpg

mcross6.jpg

• Like 9

Man, that looks fun!

It is bro. An abandoned motocross park I always have to myself. 

• Like 3

It is bro. An abandoned motocross park I always have to myself. 

That would be a dream come true for me ....  👍   you're a lucky guy ...  :ride:

• Like 4

The 250L is a hoot on a MX track, ride it like an old 70's XL250 and you can fly.  Ran my modded 250L in endurance races (1/2 MX track, 1/2 trails)here in Nebraska USA and got over 2 years 2 1st places in triples, and 1 3rd in doubles.  Really miss it since I sold it.

• Like 3

The 250L is a hoot on a MX track, ride it like an old 70's XL250 and you can fly.  Ran my modded 250L in endurance races (1/2 MX track, 1/2 trails)here in Nebraska USA and got over 2 years 2 1st places in triples, and 1 3rd in doubles.  Really miss it since I sold it.

Nice! My problem is I weigh 210 lbs. Bottom out a lot on landings. Put a YSS shock on it a few months ago. Taking it to my mechanic to see if I can get the shock dialed in better. This is my first dual purpose bike after years of motocross bikes only. I can really feel the extra 80lbs. 

• Like 1

I was 235lbs during this racing era, just ride it like a no suspension 70's bike and no issues, did not upgrade suspension still stock, but remembered the good old days of MX on the ground, keep the power on the ground old school and it is a hoot as stated.

I was 235lbs during this racing era, just ride it like a no suspension 70's bike and no issues, did not upgrade suspension still stock, but remembered the good old days of MX on the ground, keep the power on the ground old school and it is a hoot as stated.

Yea I guess, I still love grabbing decent air, and really love my big whoops. 

Reason I now have a CRF250X, engine modded to R standards, and love that wide ratio tranny.  Plus the plush suspension. 

You can 'fly' the 250L if needed just have to feather landings with you knees far more, natures shock absorber.  Time the landings and use the knees more, and wear knee braces, just a hint.  I got air fo the fun of it as well and bottom out shocks minimalized with knee feathering, I don't know what that would be called today but back in the no suspension days we called it feathering.

Edited by oldsoldier173
  • Like 2

You're a brave man ripping an mx track in what looks like factory tyres!!!!

I freaked out with the lack of grip during basic figures of 8 training with those. The front end just drops all the time no matter what surfise when leaning it in past a certain angle.

Mt21's by compassion inspire massive confidence. Highly recommend them!

Pics look great though. I have a track (not abandoned) out in samut prakan that's getting paid a visit once my racetrack front forks are sorted. Just don't trust the bike in stock form.

• Like 1

Pics look great though. I have a track (not abandoned) out in samut prakan that's getting paid a visit once my racetrack front forks are sorted. Just don't trust the bike in stock form.

I had the same experience .... I thought it was me at first or too much air ...  🤦  I now have XCMH's and what an amazing change took place ...  all of a sudden I could ride again ... 🤣

I freaked out with the lack of grip during basic figures of 8 training with those. The front end just drops all the time no matter what surfise when leaning it in past a certain angle.

Mt21's by compassion inspire massive confidence. Highly recommend them!

Yea, Gnath said the same thing on an earlier post I made. Gonna go this week and see my guy. One way or the other she is getting new tires. Fell over again on an easy sweeper. 

• Like 1

They say that the best thing with a license plate  ..for the track  ..is the KTM 500 EXC

Trying to decide between a CRF250L  ..and a KTM 500 EXC

They say that the best thing with a license plate  ..for the track  ..is the KTM 500 EXC

Haven't seen any around here. Would ask to take a lap if I saw one. 

If I was buying a plated legal competition style bike today .... I really like this ...  http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/us/enduro/4-stroke/fe-350-s/

With the introduction of the street legal variant of the FE 350, Husqvarna provides the freedom of everyday-riding for one of the most versatile Enduro bikes on the market. The FE 350 shares its engine architecture with the FE 250, but with 25 % more power. The combination of 450-rivalling power and 250 size and weight means top performance with less effort. The precise 6-speed gearbox is mated to a new Magura hydraulic clutch for smooth shifting, while the Brembo calipers and new disc brakes guarantee superior stopping power and maximum feeling.

pho_bike_90_re.png

pho_bike_det.jpg?AdditionalStyles=activepho_bike_det.jpg?AdditionalStyles=active

Edited by gnath9

My mechanic is a Husqvarna dealer and I have sat on that bike many times. It is damn sweet bike. Almost 8 grand however a little rich. Rather buy a  used proper motocross bike as a spare. 

• Like 1