Sign in to follow this  

2016 - 15 fork guards stuffing mud .

I believe I am not the only one to notice this, as I have seen this on many bikes, fork guards picking up mud in the inner side. ( the new guard 2015-16 )

Ktm's new fork guard design can be taken off like jap bikes but there's seem to be a design issue.

When muddy the guard scrubs mud off the front tire's side stuffing it between the guard and tube .

Sometimes guards break due to enough mud trapped in there and then being compressed by forks.

Tried retrofitting 2014 rounded guards but not much success.

Does any company make the old rounded guard fit the new forks?

Has anyone came up with a solution?

Never heard of this in the slightest.  If you're racing/riding in mud, it's going to go everywhere possible.  There's nothing you can possibly do to stop that. I think the 2015+ fork guards are great, haven't broken or cracked one yet.  They're far easier to take on and off than the full wraps too.  Having to remove the forks from the bike completely just to remove fork guards is absurd.

I had the same issue with my 350 sx 16 the first time I rode in the mud.

By the way, with previous wrap around fork guard, I just cut them in the back with a blade and you could remove them without removing the fork and you could not notice where the cut was at the back of the guard.

• Like 1