Sign in to follow this  

04 Motor in a 07 Frame

So I have an opportunity to pick up a complete 07 CRF250R rolling chassis for dirt cheap, $500, just no motor.  I am wondering if my 04 motor will be a direct bolt in or are they a bit different for mounting up.  I know they made some changes to the bikes in 06 from 04-05, and i couldnt find anything when searching.

so ive been doing more searching and it does seem like the 04 motor will fit in a 07 frame.   Can anyone please verify this?

Also, any big advantages to a 07 vs a 04?  Handling, Geometry, suspension?  I know the carb is a bit nicer on the actuation of the Acc Pump.

The engine will fit perfectly in your frame.  Any engine from '04-'09 will fit in any frame from the same years.  At this point, there are no real advantages.  the one disadvantage is that it will be confusing to a future owner as he/she orders engine parts for the bike.  The major components like head, cylinder, piston and crank interchange.  Some other internal bearings are different.

I have an '08 engine in an '04 frame.

Hope that helps.

Henryrifle

Thank you for the information. If no big difference then it's not worth the hassle

If your not interested in the rolling chassis anymore, I would be interested in it. Where at in Washington is it located?

Check your messages

• Like 1