Sign in to follow this  

2007 bike, looking at buying used

An owner is asking $3,000 for a used bike. 

Rider is entry beginner/intermediate, looking for a wide variety of use. Mountain/trees/single track, dunes, moab, etc

Would this bike be a reasonably good choice or not? Price reasonable?

Any known issues on this bike to be investigated?

Thanks! 

I've been looking into these lately as well, after getting a full day on one. 

Motor is great, suspension definitely needed work, along with the front brake. Its a tall bike (more than my 500exc) but very manageable IMO

Ride it, spend a few bucks to get it setup right for you and you'll have a great bike, 3k should get you a decent condition. Tagged and in good condition seem to go for around 5-6

Edited by Arctic Pride
  • Like 1

Any idea how many hours it has? Had it been modified or is it stock?

It's pretty stock and has little use. The original owner couldn't handle the power. The second owner is an older guy and he just never got around to riding it, collected dust. Says he only put 5 hrs on it.

Did these all come street legal, or were there versions that did or didn't?t 

You should be good if it truly has little use. It's hard to tell on street legal bikes just how many hours they have. They don't come street legal from the factory in the U.S.

Find out more about the bike. What modifications have they done to it. Jetting, fork springs, rear spring, protection parts, damper, after market handle bars, things like that. Also what is your level of ridding are you a large frame person or on the smaller size. I only ask that because you may need to change springs based on your size. I have had two 07s and have been vey happy with them both. Look at other posts and mods that other people have done so you don't make the same mistakes many of us have done. Example, theses bikes will get hot if they don't have air passing through the radiators, don't let them sit and idle. Good luck hope you find what your looking for.