Sign in to follow this  

FMF just for sound?

So I found this deal on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/GYTR-FMF-Factory-4-1-SpecialEditionMuffler-YZ250F-WR250F-06-13-DBY-ACC56-34-38-/171957314488) and I am about to jump on it. I have a stock yz250f and I was wondering what kinda sound improvement I would get from this pipe just from making the bike sound better. Obviously it will add a little hp but i am a trail rider that does not mean too much to me. Should i hop on this deal?

No. Keep your bike quiet. Loud bikes are the reason riding spots get shut down. Make your bike quieter instead.

From what I have read this exhaust makes the bike a little quieter. The yzs are notorious for having very loud stock exhaust. I just want to know if the note will be better to listen to when i ride. 

From what I have read this exhaust makes the bike a little quieter. The yzs are notorious for having very loud stock exhaust. I just want to know if the note will be better to listen to when i ride. 

Yes, it will be C sharp instead of B flat.

• Like 1

Depends on the year. Some years, the YZ OEM muffler is quieter and better, some years it is louder than an FMF Quiet Core. Though all slip ons on a MX bike do not make more power. Some make less.

Most people never repack their pipes and wonder why they are so loud............

Depends on the year. Some years, the YZ OEM muffler is quieter and better, some years it is louder than an FMF Quiet Core. Though all slip ons on a MX bike do not make more power. Some make less.

Most people never repack their pipes and wonder why they are so loud............

If i do not put a quiet core insert in it how loud would it be? Just bought it!

Yes, it will be C sharp instead of B flat.

Just bought it 🙂

I don't know what year your bike is but I just put an FMF system on my 2016 and its not any louder. The sound is better IMO. A touch deeper. I bought mine simply because I got the $500 Blucru credit and needed a spark arrestor for when we go ride the trails. Plus it adds to the sex appeal of the bike.

Just bought this since I thought it was a killer deal for this exhaust. My current yz250f 2013 is already very very loud. I was wondering how much louder this will make it will the spark arrestor in it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GYTR-FMF-Factory-4-1-SpecialEditionMuffler-YZ250F-WR250F-06-13-DBY-ACC56-34-38-/171957314488

Likely to be just as loud or more, and definitely much too loud for responsible trail riding.  Order the quiet core.