Sign in to follow this  

2016 YZ250F Vs. 250SXF

Can anyone comment on the cornering ability of the YZ250f and the 2016 KTMSXF?

Can anyone comment on the cornering ability of the YZ250f and the 2016 KTMSXF?

The KTM will likely hit the tightest of inside lines easier than the YZ. That being said the YZ is better pretty much everywhere else.

Glance down a few threads. I think there are 3 different posts about shorter bikes.

The KTM will likely hit the tightest of inside lines easier than the YZ. That being said the YZ is better pretty much everywhere else.

I like me a Yamaha, but they're latest reliability issues are turning me away. The redesigned KTM seems to be in everyones good books.

I really want to try out both a 2016 yz125 and 125SX. 

I like me a Yamaha, but they're latest reliability issues are turning me away. The redesigned KTM seems to be in everyones good books.

I really want to try out both a 2016 yz125 and 125SX. 

Which or what,reliability issues are you talking about?

I almost drank the internet kool aid 2 years ago with my 2014. So, just wondering what the internet is making an isolated issue, a reliability issue this go around.

Edited by rexisme

Which or what,reliability issues are you talking about?

I almost drank the internet kool aid 2 years ago with my 2014. So, just wondering what the internet is making an isolated issue, a reliability issue this go around.

They've had a lot of recalls in the last years 2014-2015, cranks, kickstart gears, electrical issues, and my biggest concern is I've seen several with frame welds cracking.

They've had a lot of recalls in the last years 2014-2015, cranks, kickstart gears, electrical issues, and my biggest concern is I've seen several with frame welds cracking.

Have they actually had recalls? Do you know anyone that was effected by this? or is this stuff you have seen on the internet? Just because it happened to a handful of people that report to the internet, doesn't mean its an issue.

Edited by rexisme

Have they actually had recalls? Do you know anyone that was effected by this? or is this stuff you have seen on the internet? Just because it happened to a handful of people that report to the internet, doesn't mean its an issue.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/Recall-Alerts/2015/Yahama-Recalls-YZ250-Competition-Off-Road-Motorcycles/

http://m.autoevolution.com/2014-yamaha-yzf-off-road-bikes-recalled-for-crash-hazards-77896.html

https://thumpertalk.com/topic/1151500-just-a-reminder-check-frame-welds-periodically/

http://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Race-Shop,42/2015-YZ250F-PROBLEMS,1285291

And I believe Cooper Webb or Barcia sat a national out because of an electrical problem.

I like Yamahas, don't get me wrong, but I'm going to pass on one for at least this gen.

Edited by BoxcarWilly

The latest generation yz250f is by far the best handling Yamaha I have ever ridden. I havent ridden the 250sxf but have ridden the 450 and 2 stroke KTM MXers and I felt the Yamaha handled better.

I own the 2015 yz250f and it is an amazing bike. I did a KTM ride day and rode from the 125sx to the 450sxf. Personally. I felt that the Yamaha felt better EVERYWHERE. The ktm liked to stand in the corners and you just had to ride it all the way to 14000 rpms to really feel the power. I felt my Yamaha had more getup and felt better in the track. The reliability is no issue. KTM had 12 of their models sitting in the pits with valve covers off and one even no motor in it. Why? Only they know. With any brand new bike. Problems surface