2015 vortex or remap

Anyone with a 2015 that either did a remap or put a vortex in it?  I'm trying to decide which route to go....

I can get a Vortex for under $600....remap $50-100.

My understanding of the Vortex on the 2015 is it turns the stock mode selector into a launch mode like KXF and RMZ.  Not sure how much I'll use either since I haven't raced in a long time but it would be nice to have the vortex for when I add cam and higher comp pistion (if I decide to do that).

Anyone with a 2015 that either did a remap or put a vortex in it?  I'm trying to decide which route to go....

My understanding of the Vortex on the 2015 is it turns the stock mode selector into a launch mode like KXF and RMZ.  Not sure how much I'll use either since I haven't raced in a long time but it would be nice to have the vortex for when I add cam and higher comp pistion (if I decide to do that).

Put a vortex on 16. Only other mod single slip-on. Tried torque heavy sand map this weekend and really liked it. Felt like stock power on steroids.

the handlebar map select is a Vortex add on. It doesn't come with the ECU

What about the Honda PGM-FI ?  worth it?  its looks a little too complex for me, well not complex, but I don't have the time to be dicking around with all the settings.

Galligar, when you run u4.4 in yours on the vortex, which setting to increase 2 clicks?  all of them?

What about the Honda PGM-FI ? worth it? its looks a little too complex for me, well not complex, but I don't have the time to be dicking around with all the settings.

Galligar, when you run u4.4 in yours on the vortex, which setting to increase 2 clicks? all of them?

I considered going this route too. Especially since RMATV has them on their website for $268 right now. In the end I decided to send it to Eddie Sinseros and let him do it for $50. 2 reasons, 1. I saved $218 on something that I would have messed with one time and ended with the same results and 2. Unless you have a real understanding of ignition timing and FI orcan find someone to give you a map, you will spend hours and hours chasing the right settings.

I considered going this route too. Especially since RMATV has them on their website for $268 right now. In the end I decided to send it to Eddie Sinseros and let him do it for $50. 2 reasons, 1. I saved $218 on something that I would have messed with one time and ended with the same results and 2. Unless you have a real understanding of ignition timing and FI orcan find someone to give you a map, you will spend hours and hours chasing the right settings.

You have a 13 right?  How much different did Eddies remap make?  Trying to decide between him and tokyo mods and RHC.

I agree Tokyo Mods is pretty pricey...I'm thinking about getting 2 maps put on the stock ECU in # 2 and 3 slots.  Then buying the PGM (or finish making the one I started on lol) and doing some research from there.  I have a couple months of winter to figure it out.

I talked to RHC and he only has 1 map for the 2015.  I'm gonna contact Eddie next, and contact Vortex about a custom map (when that time comes).

How do you get maps from HRC?  Their website totally sucks D.   

The Vortex is an ecu on steroids. You'll never get close to it with a remap on a stock one.

I disagree. While having 10 maps in your ECU sounds really cool chances are you will never use more than 2 of them. And if you are implying it has better maps or can be mapped in a way that the stock one cannot, you are wrong. Don't get me wrong the Vortex is "cool" but the same end results can be had with a stock one if you have someone that knows what they are doing.
  • Like 1

I disagree. While having 10 maps in your ECU sounds really cool chances are you will never use more than 2 of them. And if you are implying it has better maps or can be mapped in a way that the stock one cannot, you are wrong. Don't get me wrong the Vortex is "cool" but the same end results can be had with a stock one if you have someone that knows what they are doing.

Yep

You can't increase the rev limit on the stock ecu, 15 limit stock is higher than the 13-14 ecu ,vortex canned tunes are@ 117000. I've had both remapped and vortex on 2 13s and on current 15 its a lot better . Had a r&d throttle body on last 13 stock ecu couldn't be made to work (not enough range in the fuel mapping) the vortex adjustablitiy is much greater than stock. The fuel trim adjuster hi,mid, low is really easy for change temp or fuel. Call any of the tuners that remap and ask them on a built motor what would they use stock or vortex .

Unless you're a pro rider, the stock ECU is absolutely fine for a stock or wildly modified motor. For 250cc or 450cc there's more than enough adjustability within the stock ECU's capability. With a strong race motor, drop the rear sprocket a tooth, that'll make up for the rpm limit issue.

Edited by Eddie8v

Why on earth would you want to raise the rev limiter on a FI crf450!? Everyone knows these bikes stop making power long before they hit the rev limiter anyway. And like I said earlier unless you are one of the people that can't leave stuff alone, once you get the tune you like you aren't going to mess with it ever again. I can think of a lot of other things on these bikes to spend $600 on.