Sign in to follow this  

KTM carb on DRZ400S

I have found a used carb from a 2001 400EXC (FCR39 isn't it?) for much cheaper than I could find anything else. I am wondering what all it takes to fit these to a DRZ. Is it just the rubber intake manifold from an E model and an adapter to fit the S air box?

Yes.  I expect the E boot from to head will work.  Some sort of adapter is probably needed carb to air boot.  Throttle cables might also need some adapting.

Okay. I'm looking at a part diagram for the E model carb. Is part number 108 here the one I need to go from my airbox to the carb? Or does the S use a different airbox that wouldn't fit that? (suzuki part number 13670-29F00)

fcr.JPG

Edited by RainyDay

S model air boot is bigger than the E boot where it connects to the carb.  The E adapter (108) only fits the E air boot.  Unless you change the air boot you need a carb adapter to fit the larger S air boot.  You might measure the KTM carb where the boot connects and the Suzuki carb you have where the air boot connects and see if you can just come up with something that will adapt the 2 sizes.  I would just make an adapter ring on the lathe but that is probably not an option for most people.

• Like 1