Suzuki DR200 jetting

A friend just bought a super low mileage stock DR200.  The original owner has removed all of the emissions equipment and the bike runs awful. I removed the carb and gas tank and cleaned everything. It only runs slightly better than before, I checked valve clearances, fresh fuel and spark plug.  Anyone have a base line for jetting the stock carb with the emissions removed?  Or a suggestion for a replacement carb and jetting?  Thanks Len.

Actually I have the stock jetting info as I have taken apart the entire carb when I cleaned it. I was asking if anyone had found a jetting combination that gets the most out of the stock carb with the emissions removed.

The only emmisions restriction devices on that bike that are removeable are the Air Injection system and the gas vent carbon canister.

Neither of which are going to require jetting changes if removed.

The biggest issue is the exahaust and intake being plugged up, and when removed the bike gets loud and only adds about 1 hp, after jetting to match the increased air intake.

The carb is tiny and is CV type, the head is restrictive, and the whole bike is designed for riding around on flat terrain quietly.

You cannot 're jet' for more power, only slightly better running, once you 'uncork' it.

If you purchase a 'real' exhaust from FMF, they will have re-jetting specs to go with it.

Or you could go with Dynojet (el-cheap jet quality) which has tuning assistance

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/3166.pdf

I’ve had issues with my 2016 DR200 since I bought it. Hard starting, rough idle and backfiring if it sits more than 2 weeks, etc. also, I’m in San Diego and if I get it running fine here near sea level, then it runs like crap at 4000’ in the mountains. My solution that solved all my problems was first to drill out the little plug that covers the air/fuel mixture screw. Then I removed and replaced the air/fuel mixture screw with a long reach one with a thumb screw head. I ordered this on eBay for about $6. Then I replaced the jets with the next size up stage 2 jets. The last thing I did is remove the cover to the air box that the air cleaner is in so the bike could breathe better. Now at any altitude over about 2000’, I can adjust the air/fuel mixture screw with my fingers to about 2 turns out and it runs perfectly up to 7000’ which is as high as I have had the bike. Back at sea level to about 2000’, I just turn the air/fuel mixture in about 1/2 turn and put the cover back on the air box and it runs nice, starts well, and doesn’t gum up the pilot jet all the time. Completely cured all my problems.