Sign in to follow this  

I need a new or late model bike.

I have about 25 years riding experience, have a budget of 10,000$ Canadian and need a bike that is street legal in Ontario Canada, but can handle some real off road and highway riding. I'm between 210-220lbs, 5'7" and want a new or nearly new bike with a comfortable stand over and I want something that already comes with some features and bling.

I still can't figure out why a drz400 is 1000$ more new than a new dr650?

Until you come up with a legitimate answer, stay out of my thread!!!!!! 😛

A Dr-650 is a great reliable and powerful machine. Yes it is air cooled. It also has a very low seat height, well suited to Oompa Loompa's....such as yourself.

I am advocating the 650.

Edited by Fattonz
  • Like 1

A Dr-650 is a great reliable and powerful machine. Yes it is air cooled. It also has a very low seat height, well suited to Oompa Loompa's....such as yourself.

I am advocating the 650.

Ok, then why not the klr650? Are they not very similar bikes? A few people were pushing me away from them in your thread

Ok, then why not the klr650? Are they not very similar bikes? A few people were pushing me away from them in your thread

I've ridden a few KLR's and they're great on the pavement and gravel roads but they are absolutely terrible for real off road riding

I am advocating the 650.

The tire compound is optimised for traction on flesh!

OZ-DRZ said so!

I have about 25 years riding experience, have a budget of 10,000$ Canadian and need a bike that is street legal in Ontario Canada, but can handle some real off road and highway riding. I'm between 210-220lbs, 5'7" and want a new or nearly new bike with a comfortable stand over and I want something that already comes with some features and bling.

CRF450X?

• Like 1

I've ridden a few KLR's and they're great on the pavement and gravel roads but they are absolutely terrible for real off road riding

not that great on pavement. I was surprised. It vibes more than my 525 ktm.

500 xcf-w. Duh.

Go home and think about what you just said :huh:

Seriously, it's not a bad idea, but it isn't possible in Ontario. That's why I looked at the 690r enduro. It's about as close as I can get and this is the newest one I can find in budget sitting at a dealer in Quebec. Still not a fan of overpriced ktm's, but they make an effort to provide a bike for every style of rider :unsure:

1452732430162.jpg

Get a DR650 then. At least the Honda hi-performance thumpers are cheap to fix when they blow, which they all do at some stage.

The Dr650 is about 6000$ right now after incentives with a 24 month warranty, which is the obvious and practical bike. It also seems outdated and kinda boring though. Kinda feel like if I buy one my hair will immediately go grey and I will feel compelled to wear knee high socks while riding in shorts and sandals.

The Dr650 is about 6000$ right now after incentives with a 24 month warranty, which is the obvious and practical bike. It also seems outdated and kinda boring though. Kinda feel like if I buy one my hair will immediately go grey and I will feel compelled to wear knee high socks while riding in shorts and sandals.

well 100% of the bikes that are road legal here that I would suggest are not legal there.

Edit: just read the 500EXC is legal. WTH are you waiting for? :bonk:

Edited by BushPig

well 100% of the bikes that are road legal here that I would suggest are not legal there.

Edit: just read the 500EXC is legal. WTH are you waiting for? :bonk:

I did find a road legal one here :huh: it's grandfathered in and older than I want but it's a good deal for a clean looking bike.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motocross/guelph/ktm-525-exc-dual-sport-road-legal-and-insurable/1128905500

1452734902101.jpg

I did find a road legal one here :huh: it's grandfathered in and older than I want but it's a good deal for a clean looking bike.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-dirt-bikes-motocross/guelph/ktm-525-exc-dual-sport-road-legal-and-insurable/1128905500

Look up the (few) issues the RFS has, make sure its all cocher and that prick will last like an XR. I am not kidding.

Its a bit outdated, but will do the job. Wont handle like a MXer or even a modern enduro though, but it'll be the next best thing.