Sign in to follow this  

2008 ktm 200sx

hey guys im new here but i have a question that i hope you guys can help me with. im looking to move off my cr250 to a newer ktm 150 or 200. i found a 2008 ktm 200sx for 3000$ but im not thrilled with psd. ive never ridden with it before but idk how good it will be. it has C cycle suspension set up for my weight already. i race jday which is half moto half off road and a little bit of extreme. im wondering that if i dont like it how hard and how expencive is it to switch to link? also how can i convert it to 2012+ plastics? thanks, vinny

I would think PDS-to-link isn't an easy bolt-on switch, (shock, swingarm, link etc.)

on a PDS bike the whole chassis is designed for the top shock mount to be at a certain angle.

Edited by mlatour

it was a 150 but he had the engine professionally  built and put a 200 crank and cylinder and everything in it to make it a 200. should of stated that before sorry. is psd as bad as people say it is?

it was a 150 but he had the engine professionally built and put a 200 crank and cylinder and everything in it to make it a 200. should of stated that before sorry. is psd as bad as people say it is?

Nope

im open minded just everyone ive talked to hasent liked it as much as link. but if its already set up for my weight and the type of racing i do it cant be bad. and could you rotate the top of the shock and get a different swing and set up link? im just trying to see that if i dont like it will it be a arm and a leg to convert it. thanks

You're not thrilled with PDS but you've never ridden it?

My honest opinion is to not buy the bike. You sound disappointed in it already...

The only real way to convert it to a linked suspension is a buy a 12+ chassis and bolt the engine in. That's what I did and it's an awesome machine. It's a very easy conversion to do.

PDS is pretty good stuff, but 3000 is a little steep for an 08 IMO.

I really like my linked 200, but would have another PDS bike, I liked the simplicity and never had issues with it.

Plastics can be swapped out, a few guys around here have done it. Do a search as there are a few threads around about that.

Edited by poldies4

I've seen that ad since I live in ct. He is asking way too much. I was skeptical at first when I saw if because I knew that a 08 200sx was not made. http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/5306939155.html

There's a decent amount of 150sx's that are only a few years old that would be better than that

Edited by Brandon7711

As poldies4 says, you would need a frame and swingarm, linkage, shock, airbox, airbox boot, plastics, tank etc. The pds system is offset to the right, while the linkage system has a centrally mounted shock. Better buying a later bike if you want linkage as it would cost you so much to convert. My son races 125s and preferred the pds system for motocross.