Sign in to follow this  

keihin FCR MX parts interchangeable between manufacturers?

I have a 2006 yz250f. I've ordered orings for the fuel line hook up from a 2006 honda 250f and they worked. My question is, will the carb slide work as well? Specifically the seal and the flat plate? My problem is that my bikes slide looks like it had some type of coating at one point but it has worn off and the seal looks rough too.

Yes. Almost all parts are the same/interchangeable on all the MX versions. Though some parts (specifically needles) are different (length) due to carb bore sizes. Also rivet length are different (longer or shorter  and volume of the 'squirt', and adjustment characteristic) and the AP mechanism is different on a late model Honda (proprietary design).

I have a 2006 yz250f. I've ordered orings for the fuel line hook up from a 2006 honda 250f and they worked. My question is, will the carb slide work as well? Specifically the seal and the flat plate? My problem is that my bikes slide looks like it had some type of coating at one point but it has worn off and the seal looks rough too.

The slide plate does have a rubber coating on it, and underneath that an anti-friction coating (aka KalGard)

Not as important as having a fresh slide plate seal.

Yamaha seems to have the cheapest new FCR parts prices

The slide plate does have a rubber coating on it, and underneath that an anti-friction coating (aka KalGard)

Not as important as having a fresh slide plate seal.

Yamaha seems to have the cheapest new FCR parts prices

motosport wanted 155 for the yamaha slide, 60 for the kawi slide, and 70 for the honda slide. So you think the coating doesn't really effect anything? I'm deffinitly replacing the seal. The throttle snaps shut so I'm guessing the coating isn't really a big issue. 

Yes. Almost all parts are the same/interchangeable on all the MX versions. Though some parts (specifically needles) are different (length) due to carb bore sizes. Also rivet length are different (longer or shorter  and volume of the 'squirt', and adjustment characteristic) and the AP mechanism is different on a late model Honda (proprietary design)

Is the 06' yz250f a 39mm bore? if so, are all 250f's 39mm as well? Not that i need jets or anything, but good to know regardless

motosport wanted 155 for the yamaha slide, 60 for the kawi slide, and 70 for the honda slide. So you think the coating doesn't really effect anything? I'm deffinitly replacing the seal. The throttle snaps shut so I'm guessing the coating isn't really a big issue. 

Is the 06' yz250f a 39mm bore? if so, are all 250f's 39mm as well? Not that i need jets or anything, but good to know regardless

yz250f have a 37mm carburetor

the slide is $$

70$ would be for the slide plate and seal from honda not a complete slide

you might want to check out the aftermarket billet slide pates

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keihin-FCR-improved-L-vacuum-release-plate-throttle-plate-/271978812247?hash=item3f53335357:g:tRcAAMXQlgtS9qoJ&vxp=mtr

i have one in a big 500cc motor thats pulling on a 37mm fcr that has been sleeved down to 34mm........ it really beat up the stock plate.......

i think they are pretty nice replacement.

yz250f have a 37mm carburetor

the slide is $$

70$ would be for the slide plate and seal from honda not a complete slide

you might want to check out the aftermarket billet slide pates

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keihin-FCR-improved-L-vacuum-release-plate-throttle-plate-/271978812247?hash=item3f53335357:g:tRcAAMXQlgtS9qoJ&vxp=mtr

i have one in a big 500cc motor thats pulling on a 37mm fcr that has been sleeved down to 34mm........ it really beat up the stock

plate.......

i think they are pretty nice replacement.

. Thanks a bunch that's what I was looking for.