Sign in to follow this  

Honda Tool

As you guys know,my Motor over in Calif.I need Honda Tool Socket to get off clutch/crank nut.Is this Honda only tool,I need order.Then have it shipped to Calif.Any other place to buy that ships.

As you guys know,my Motor over in Calif.I need Honda Tool Socket to get off clutch/crank nut.Is this Honda only tool,I need order.Then have it shipped to Calif.Any other place to buy that ships.

You must be drunk when you wrote this? What I understood is that you want the special honda socket? You can make one yourself. Cut up a normal socket, or a 

socket.jpg

or you can try this at your own risk:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSBIXNtwBgI

You must be drunk when you wrote this? What I understood is that you want the special honda socket? You can make one yourself. Cut up a normal socket, or a 

socket.jpg

or you can try this at your own risk:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSBIXNtwBgI

Not drunk,or need it myself.Mike that's doing it,already broke the two sockets.Done like pictured.So that's the Question.It this point we want the tool.

Not drunk,or need it myself.Mike that's doing it,already broke the two sockets.Done like pictured.So that's the Question.It this point we want the tool.

Haha, I bought a tool from ebay. it also broke. here is the picture. The design of these sockets is so stupid and breaks so easily. I heard many buy the Motion Pro socket without a problem, personally I would buy the honda overpriced tool and just be done with it.

IMG_20151110_182732.jpg

A lot of Honda dealers carry the MP tool, or order online from MP or other supplier like Rocky or Amazon.

MP # 08-0015

Thanks Chuck. I ordered it from Motion pro this Morn.Just because they shipped it,right away.Hope it works,if not Mike makes real one to save time.

Thanks Chuck. I ordered it from Motion pro this Morn.Just because they shipped it,right away.Hope it works,if not Mike makes real one to save time.

Shouldn't the guy who is working on the engine use/buy his own tools?

• Like 1

I am wondering if there is a nut than can replace that weird nut. I want to take it off and put a normal hex nut in place. Did anyone try that?

• Like 1

Shouldn't the guy who is working on the engine use/buy his own tools?

Don't make me Crack up.If the guy doing you machine shop work.Motor builds last twenty years.For free.Would you get him the tool ! Forgot picked up the motor 8 hour drive.I have some good friends.

• Like 1

Don't make me Crack up.If the guy doing you machine shop work.Motor builds last twenty years.For free.Would you get him the tool ! Forgot picked up the motor 8 hour drive.I have some good friends.

Damn, that makes a lot of sense. I just thought it was strange that you would buy someone tools if you paid him to do a job for you. Mike Coe is like a celebrity on TT, Good for you

Edited by Yap Yap

I wish it was Mike Coe but only because I was hoping that he was getting back into 230's again.... But unfortunately for my wishful thinking, wrong Mike.

(But not wishing any disrespect on Baja trail Riders Mike) (I just hope that my 6mm ride test report is sooner than Baja's) lol lol lol

Stay tuned....

• Like 2

If you don't mind me sharing similar tools for the job, I been using the one on the right a lot lately

I usually engrave a least my name on all my tools.

I looked and found a date of purchase and my CDL # on this one:

11-13-84

Time fly's when your having fun....

Snap-on brand looks hardly worn. Pretty good ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1452822317.237007.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1452822348.972046.jpgconsidering it's never been used with anything but an air impact gun.

• Like 1

Damn, that makes a lot of sense. I just thought it was strange that you would buy someone tools if you paid him to do a job for you. Mike Coe is like a celebrity on TT, Good for you

Wrong Mike,This Mike(dont say last Name BR) Ex grand National Champ rider,does not want Att.Close to fifty years,building trick bikes.Even builds 1 off dirt bike frames.Complete motorcycle machine shop at home,after he retired.He built the TT680/YZ250 in my other post.     

• Like 1

I wish it was Mike Coe but only because I was hoping that he was getting back into 230's again.... But unfortunately for my wishful thinking, wrong Mike.

(But not wishing any disrespect on Baja trail Riders Mike) (I just hope that my 6mm ride test report is sooner than Baja's) lol lol lol

Stay tuned....

Im booked on Baja tours from Feb to April.If we cant get 230 ready.I will need pay someone to ride my 450 for me.The motor would have been done today.If not for clutch/crank nut tool.Also me changing my mind about Hardened rockers.Its not that Mike could not have made the tool.Its that he maybe doing lots of these.If mine is good and reliable.Im glade I did not try,to do this motor in Baja.

Im booked on Baja tours from Feb to April.If we cant get 230 ready.I will need pay someone to ride my 450 for me.The motor would have been done today.If not for clutch/crank nut tool.Also me changing my mind about Hardened rockers.Its not that Mike could not have made the tool.Its that he maybe doing lots of these.If mine is good and reliable.Im glade I did not try,to do this motor in Baja.

sand in the motor will help lubricate the piston rings and bearings. Especially Baja sand is known to add 1.2 hp every mile, that's why love people ride there.

• Like 1

sand in the motor will help lubricate the piston rings and bearings. Especially Baja sand is known to add 1.2 hp every mile, that's why love people ride there.

When my daughter visited me,first time here.She looked around when she got out of car.Said Daddy there's nothing but sand here.

When my daughter visited me,first time here.She looked around when she got out of car.Said Daddy there's nothing but sand here.

I came from a country which is desert from coast to coast (middle east). "he's on of d'em goat &%$#@!in' sons of bitches" well, yes, but no goat &%$#@!ing. I hate sand. Anakin Skywalker explains why

And you replied, "I know, isn't it great!?🤣
  • Like 2