Sign in to follow this  

Found 2000-4000 Lumen LED Bulb --- Does it fit 2014 KTM 500?

Hey All,

The standard bulb puts out about 800 lumen. I found this: http://www.amazon.com/Racbox-Motorcycle-Headlight-Scooter-Motorbike/dp/B014P3BBKU/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1452746739&sr=1-1&keywords=HS1+led

It says 2000 lumen x 2 so not quite sure if its 2000 or 4000 lumen

Anyone have any experience? Cheap enough to try.

Give it a shot and let us know.. LED's should not get hot at all.

The LED doesn't get hot, but the circuitry gets extremely hot; hence the heat sinks and cooling fins on the housing. 

• Like 2

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately I won't get it 2/10-2/29 and I need it by 2/4 since I'm going to King of the Hammers. It appears we'll never know how good the 2000lumen light was :( 

Anyone else up for the challenge? 

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately I won't get it 2/10-2/29 and I need it by 2/4 since I'm going to King of the Hammers. It appears we'll never know how good the 2000lumen light was :(

Anyone else up for the challenge?

I'm working with a light company right now on a new set up for KTM's. Hopefully have it for the king of the hammers. Hit me up if your out there. Be there jan30-feb6. Have a couple rides planned for feb1-2 out there. Maybe a run to slash x ranch Monday then a trip to calico goast town also. Not sure if it will be all in one day or spread out for a 2 dayer.

Hey All,

The standard bulb puts out about 800 lumen. I found this: http://www.amazon.com/Racbox-Motorcycle-Headlight-Scooter-Motorbike/dp/B014P3BBKU/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1452746739&sr=1-1&keywords=HS1+led

It says 2000 lumen x 2 so not quite sure if its 2000 or 4000 lumen

Anyone have any experience? Cheap enough to try.

Keep us posted on this bulb.  I have the Cyclops 3600 Lumen LED Headlight bulb for Dirtbikes/Dual Sports and it is barely fits behind the headlight mount due to the cooling fins.

I'm working with a light company right now on a new set up for KTM's. Hopefully have it for the king of the hammers. Hit me up if your out there. Be there jan30-feb6. Have a couple rides planned for feb1-2 out there. Maybe a run to slash x ranch Monday then a trip to calico goast town also. Not sure if it will be all in one day or spread out for a 2 dayer.

I'll be there Thursday-Sunday. 2/4-2/7. I'll be there with my wife so I can only do day trips since I'll have to leave her with her friend who's husband got media access. 

DM me your phone # and we'll plan a little cruise out there. I should have a friend of mine out there as well.

Last year I actually raced King of the Motos on my 300. Finished the first lap but missed the qualifier cutoff for the second lap. Pretty good considering some Pros and 50% of non-pros DNF'd the first lap. woot! 

• Like 1

The LED doesn't get hot, but the circuitry gets extremely hot; hence the heat sinks and cooling fins on the housing. 

LEDs get EXTREMELY hot and need heatsinks. Touch a high powered Cree and see what happens to the end of your finger.  🤣 The specs on that bulb say they're 20 watt LEDs so a 2000 lumen output is reasonable. It appears the cooling is probably pretty marginal though in an enclosed space like our headlight lens. Likely, if it's a well engineered device, it's designed to reduce current output as it heats up. Looking at the placement of the emitter I think you'd get some really weird light projection. 

Worth a shot though, the few reviews are positive. 

• Like 1

Not familiar with the Sicass S2 LED Bulbs.  I know their Halogen Blubs don't work well with the KTM.  They blow the fuses from drawing too much current.

I'm working with a light company right now for a new led replacement bulb for our KTM's. Just put in last night. It's alote brighter then the factory light yet still running into a couple complications. I'm going to run it for a week at the 2016 King Of The Hammers coming up In a few weeks to give some r&d on the light. See if it will hold up. Keep ya posted in the weeks to come.

• Like 1

Keep us posted on this bulb.  I have the Cyclops 3600 Lumen LED Headlight bulb for Dirtbikes/Dual Sports and it is barely fits behind the headlight mount due to the cooling fins.

How do you like that unit?  I've never seen one and I'm thinking about a headlight upgrade. 

Not familiar with the Sicass S2 LED Bulbs. I know their Halogen Blubs don't work well with the KTM. They blow the fuses from drawing too much current.

Do I need the rectifier to work on my 500exc?

Is that bike already DC powered at the bulb?

Is it plug and play?

Edited by ruphianh

I have cyclops on LED lights on a couple of bikes and so far they have been great.....money well spent of you night ride

I have cyclops on LED lights on a couple of bikes and so far they have been great.....money well spent of you night ride

So stock headlight on my 500 exc is splotchy. This knew one I'm working with us bright but splotchy also. I know it has to do with reflector position. How is the cyclops. Is it clear. Never seen one that's why I'm asking. Info greatly appreciated.

How do you like that unit?  I've never seen one and I'm thinking about a headlight upgrade. 

The Cyclops is the best I have found out there without changing the entire lighting system.  However, none of them are perfect. 

Do I need the rectifier to work on my 500exc?

Is that bike already DC powered at the bulb?

Is it plug and play?

You don't need a rectifier. KTM's are good to go with their DC system.  It is pretty much Plug and Play.

You don't need a rectifier. KTM's are good to go with their DC system. It is pretty much Plug and Play.

Guess what!? I checked the cyclops site and they now have a new specific plug and play bulb with new rear specifically built for 2014+ huskies and ktms. It was $89. 3600 lumens.

See here: http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/KTM-Husky-2014-16-Dirt-Bike-LED-Headlight-Bulb-Kit_p_127.html

And I get it in time for King of the Hammers!

FWIW, I just did the Cyclops 3600 install on my 2012 KTM EXC. Here's the review I posted on their website :

Just finished my install. 500% improvement over stock. Here's some lessons learned / tips for a little cleaner install. If you pull the Low beam (small bulb) out cover or cork the hole to prevent dirt or water from getting inside the lense area. Definitely use the spacers to shift the lense area forward to prevent the fan guard from hitting the frame head tube. I had to use the fork tube spacers as well. Once I did that, I also used spacers (cut up a plastic pen tube the same length as provided spacers - redneck engineering) on the fender posts to raise the light up vertically (that also creates a little more clearance from the head tube). These steps combined to give a little higher beam with less fender blocking of the beam. I wasn't happy with the slightly loose/wobbly KTM adaptor fit, so I cut a piece of electrical the depth of the adaptor and single wrapped it around the base of the light where the screw hole is. I then just poked a hole in the tape where tbe hole is, and it worked perfect (removed any play). To prevent straining the adaptor and little screw, I'd recommend mounting the adaptor first then placing the light into it and then putting the screw in. The directions say you may have to do this, but I recommend it for sure. It took quite a bit of force to spin the adaptor into the lugs of the headlight mask, force that would otherwise be transferred to the screw, light, and KTM adaptor contact points. Hope my inputs help. Durability is to be determined, but what a visibility difference! Awesome upgrade for the money. Great job Cyclops!

• Like 1