Sign in to follow this  

WHAT'S YOUR MUST-HAVE OFF-ROAD TOOL?

Hello All,

I'm going to write an article coming up next month about the "must-have" tools for off-road riders...

I have my favorites but really want to hear yours as well. 

So what is the must have tool in your box?

Thanks in advance,

Sean 

tool7.jpg

• Like 1

I don't have "one" tool I need.  But if you want to define a good set of metric wrenches as "one" tool, then that's mine.

• Like 2

beavis-and-butthead.jpg, I pack my toolbox, full of spark plugs, sockets, screwdrivers, chain breakers, plug wrenches, wd-40, open end wrenches, needle nose pliers, etc....

Hello All,

I'm going to write an article coming up next month about the "must-have" tools for off-road riders...

I have my favorites but really want to hear yours as well. 

So what is the must have tool in your box?

Thanks in advance,

Sean 

tool7.jpg

You said tool

• Like 3

Plug wrench, combo wrenches, butt-splices, linesman pliers w/crimper and a 10in1 screwdriver.

Always in my bag along with small first aid kit and a mickey of rye. Im been stuck places and also stuck waiting in the middle of nowhere for air ambulance with a buddy that broke his back. Trust me, you want the rye. Hearing your friend screaming in pain is tough

• Like 1

Plug wrench, combo wrenches, butt-splices, linesman pliers w/crimper and a 10in1 screwdriver.

Always in my bag along with small first aid kit and a mickey of rye. Im been stuck places and also stuck waiting in the middle of nowhere for air ambulance with a buddy that broke his back. Trust me, you want the rye. Hearing your friend screaming in pain is tough

How much is a Mickey?

I have a 2 stroke so I must say plug wrench. A spare plug also.

Agree!!!

Mickey's in the plastic bottles..

After many driving trips to the Baja - TP and wet wipes are always in my Van and riding pack.

I don't smoke much weed any more but for those that do, having the right tool is key 🙂

I've been meaning to take a couple of pics of my 3.0L hydration pack and contents for awhile and now is as good as time as any and in the process I've been trying to figure out what the MUST HAVE tool is and its tough cus I'm trying to remember when I have had to use any of what I carry.

Most of the trails i ride can be remote and fairly technical. I try to have my bike set-up to prevent as many issues as possible, IE breakaway levers, aluminium skid plate, dealing with flats etc so...

A tow might not be considered a tool but IMO if you bike is broken down beyond repair and you are with a buddy, it can get you and your bike back to the truck/camp. My advice is to practice using this with a buddy before you need to actually use it.

Otherwise I think the last tool I used was on the trail where my Allen keys when a buddy wanted to rotate his bars forward.

So this is what I've come up with and carry for JUST IN CASE. I've got some other stuff I might add depending on the ride, like a first aid kit, I usually carry my phone running a GPS app in a zip lock bag in the pack. Normally not hard liquor but it's not out of the question. sometimes beers/food and maybe a doobie.

20160114_171836_zpsx8eb9r6f.jpg

20160114_172426_zpschxfvzuv.jpg

• Like 1