Hi all,

So, eventually I want to get a bike and slap a snow bike conversion kit on it. I want to make sure that the bike will have more than enough power. I don't think that my '07 CRF 250X is going to cut it. Also, I know that Timbersled is one of the major brands specializing in these snow bike kits.  Anyone know of any others that work good with certain bikes? Thinking of possibly a CR 500..?

Thanks

Edited by BYOB

I don't own a snow bike but been doing lots of research and the bike that seem to be the most commun is a 450 MX bike but I have seen lots of ktm/husqvarna 500 as well and a few 500 2t mostly cr500. It seem like the higher cc bikes are doing much better with the LT kit and the 450 MX bike are more often on the ST and SX kits. But thats about the extend of my knowledge

• Like 1

I like all of the above suggestions. I run an 08 CRF 450x w/ the CMXBK 120" track.

The bike runs great, starts easy down to 10 degrees, carb has had minimal issue, q4 muffler helps it breath, more mid to top end power would be nice but it is more than adequate.

CMXBK 120, well built and thought out kit, front end floats exceptionally well, steering has more resistance than a single ski but is very responsive and confidence inspiring. Overall a very fun dirt bike like feel on the snow.

No matter what you choose ride it and have fun.