YZ250X stock pipe guard

Just got off the phone with P3 and E-Line seldom answers the phone or returns emails.  P3 is 1.5 to 2 months out from a pipe guard for the stock pipe, I was told originally they would be available at the first of the year.  Looks like everyone was caught with their pants down.  I don't want to beat one of those aluminum ones around the pipe so I guess I'll just ride with the stocker or order a FMF fatty for the YZ and get a pipe guard for that.  Shame, I like the way the stocker is tucked in.

• Like 2

Check out this article before you go fatty, they seem to think it's a downgrade to the oem pipe and recommend the gnarly. It would be nice to have some dyno maps though.

http://dirtbiketest.com/product-tests/fmf-gnarly-and-turbine-core-for-yamaha-yz250x/

Thanks a bunch, looks like I need to be careful a while longer.

• 4 months later...

Check out this article before you go fatty, they seem to think it's a downgrade to the oem pipe and recommend the gnarly. It would be nice to have some dyno maps though.

http://dirtbiketest.com/product-tests/fmf-gnarly-and-turbine-core-for-yamaha-yz250x/

That dirtbiketest article seems to be testing a versions of the gnarly and turbinecore that simply do not exist. The only Gnarly in current production for the X is the old 024054, and the currently is no Turbinecore 2.1 available for the X at all.

Something else I found interesting was that even though the gnarly fell short of the stock pipe in some way or other in every single test they performed - including product fit - Lewis ended the piece with "FMF has accomplished the very tough task of making a better pipe for the YZ250X".

You figure it out. I give up.

-B

Edited by TMX

That dirtbiketest article seems to be testing a versions of the gnarly and turbinecore that simply do not exist. The only Gnarly in current production for the X is the old 024054, and the currently is no Turbinecore 2.1 available for the X at all.

Something else I found interesting was that even though the gnarly fell short of the stock pipe in some way or other in every single test they performed - including product fit - Lewis ended the piece with "FMF has accomplished the very tough task of making a better pipe for the YZ250X".

You figure it out. I give up.

-B

Well , I have an Old Gnarly . I don't like it unless it is completely dry with plenty of traction available . If its very slick , for instance wet roots , rocks  and wet clay . The stocker just feeds the power on so smoothly .

Why don't you guys like the aluminum pipe guards? I agree that it looks hideous, but it works better than my carbon pipe guard for a fraction of the price. I will never buy another carbon fiber pipe guard again. With the aluminum pipe guard I like the protection and I like to be able to move it if I change bikes or pipes.

• Like 1

Let us know what you think of that force bash guard when u get it please! I'd love to see some pics of how it mounts with only one bolt.

No worries

As soon as I recive  it i will post some pics and give an honest opinion.

Here s a link of a review for the force on a KTM 300

• 2 weeks later...

Let us know what you think of that force bash guard when u get it please! I'd love to see some pics of how it mounts with only one bolt.

Sorry its taken so long to get back to you on this , The Force guard turned up last week but the pipe on my sons bike was bend so it wouldn,t fit. Then we went away riding for the weekend.  The mechanic at our local shop had a brand new unused stock pipe that he sold to me at a great price.

THANK-YOU Max & the team at Firestorm motorcycles.

The guard is very easy to fit ,took about 5 mins and that was to put it on twice, first time to make sure it fitted properly and second time to lock-tite it.

It slides up under the rear cross member and a mounting bar slides in at the front. The new ones have a two bolt mounting system.

It mounts very steadfastly and will not come off unless you want it to.

IMG_6156.JPGIMG_6157.JPGIMG_6250.JPGIMG_6275.JPGIMG_6278.JPGIMG_6280.JPGIMG_6273.JPG

Edited by UHF2
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry to post in this thread after such a long time of it being dormant. 

Hay UHF2, great pics. Are you still happy with the force bash plate? I'm considering getting one for my YZ250X.

• 2 years later...