Anyone ever try these inside MX boots? Seal Skinz

I have used shorter version for commuting by bicycle in Seattle. They work ok, but the heart pumping aspect of a bicycle inevitably meant sweat and clamminess inside socks. It will be entirely different on a moto. Clammy and cold will be your challenge with them.

Sealskins in MX boots you can't go wrong. I now also use the shorter ones in my work boots.

Just don't wash in regular washing detergent ( I stick mine in the washing machine with no detergent, had them for years)

Edited by Broadie
  • Like 1

Sealskins in MX boots you can't go wrong. I now also use the shorter ones in my work boots.

Just don't wash in regular washing detergent ( I stick mine in the washing machine with no detergent, had them for years)

Awesome.  And thanks for the tip about washing without detergent.  I'll probably hand wash them....

Warner

I have a different type of Seal Skinz socks for in hunting boots . Tested them by standing in a tub of water 6-7 inches deep , my feet never got wet. Not sure how the MX version would be but the lack of breathing does collect sweat if exerting yourself but I wear a polypropylene liner and they're much better. 

Edited by jjktmrider

Or just do like me....I pack an extra pair of socks with me...of course I change out of my boots too tho. I hate wet feet too

Oh, I'll have extra socks...a pair for each of the 8 days of the trip, but I can't go through them all on one day of rain.  ?  And once the boots get wet inside, dry socks don't stay dry very long.  ?   I'm not sure how thick these sealskinz are, but maybe I can wear regular socks under them, to keep them clean?

Warner 

• Like 1

Oh, I'll have extra socks...a pair for each of the 8 days of the trip, but I can't go through them all on one day of rain. ? And once the boots get wet inside, dry socks don't stay dry very long. ? I'm not sure how thick these sealskinz are, but maybe I can wear regular socks under them, to keep them clean?

Warner

Oh sorry I didn't realize we were talking trip here... I just meant day to day rides. Yeah tho you should be able to wear regulars under them...