Sign in to follow this  

Settings for Revalved Suspension

So I had my suspension revalved about 8 weeks ago. The guy set it up for a rough sand track (my local track) and it feels great. I've got a winter series round coming up on Sunday and I was wondering what sort of adjustment I would need to make as the track is hard pack and doesn't have that many jumps that would result in a hard landing. I was told that after a revalve, the suspension is more sensitive to adjustment. The practice before the race will only likely be a couple of laps so not really enough time to get it dialled in. If it helps, my bike is a 2016 KTM SXF 350 with the AER forks.

Because you had it setup for one specific track, no setting is going to be perfect. Your best bet is to run the way it is and hope for the best. Riding unknown suspension is dangerous, especially on a track that you can't test it on. Run what you know...

Because you had it setup for one specific track, no setting is going to be perfect. Your best bet is to run the way it is and hope for the best. Riding unknown suspension is dangerous, especially on a track that you can't test it on. Run what you know...

It wasn't that I had it setup for one particular track so to speak, I had the suspension done at the track itself. Hence why it was initially setup for a rough sand track. I need to do some testing with it to get a rough idea of settings on particular types of tracks. At least then I'd have a rough starting point to work from. There's no point referring to the owners manual either as the valving is different now so there's technically no "standard" starting point unlike with a stock bike

The ktm settings are a good guide to go from a stiff setting to a plush setting ,ie the amount if change they recommend

The ktm settings are a good guide to go from a stiff setting to a plush setting ,ie the amount if change they recommend

Does that apply even after the revalve? I think I'm going to zero my clickers on Saturday, make note of where they are now

Yes as if you're at say 14 ktm recommend say 6 more out to go to comfort ,so you go 6 more to 20