Sign in to follow this  

XR650L with Clarke 4.7 tank bag?

Does anyone know of a tank bag that will work well on this combination? I've tried the Wolfman Blackhawk, no go!! Gets in my way standing up! Any thoughts and or pictures would be appreciated!

Does anyone know of a tank bag that will work well on this combination? I've tried the Wolfman Blackhawk, no go!! Gets in my way standing up! Any thoughts and or pictures would be appreciated!

I have a Clarke 4.7 gallon tank and I can't imagine any sort of tank bag working on it.  I gave away the nice magnetic tank back that I used on my Ducatis because both of my current bikes have plastic tanks.

I use a tail bag instead.  Actually, I think the Fly bag that I have is designed to be a tank bag, but it's firmly attached to the back of my XR650L now.  There just isn't enough room between the front of the seat and the steering head for a decent tank bag.

Yeah I too have a tail bag but want to find a small tank bag for like quick access to camera and or phone maybe! Don't want large, that's quite obviously not gonna happen with this tank!

Yeah I too have a tail bag but want to find a small tank bag for like quick access to camera and or phone maybe! Don't want large, that's quite obviously not gonna happen with this tank!

Why don't you just get a riding jacket with some big pockets?

Something like a Canon ELPH takes good photos and easily fits into even the smallest pockets.

I've got plenty of pockets but just always had tank bags, prefer that to wearing more weight on body! Been keeping in tail bag but larger items knocking more sensitive items around not ideal either!

I know there's other ways, I just figured maybe someone here had tried something that worked, that's all.

I have a Wolfman Enduro tank bag on mine and it's fine. No pictures with the bag installed...

I have a Wolfman Enduro tank bag on mine and it's fine. No pictures with the bag installed...

That looks like about the best you could expect to put on an XR650L with a Clarke 4.7 tank:

ttr3.JPG

Ordered the Wolfman Enduro bag and it's PERFECT!!! Just what I needed and not in my way in any way! Thanks for the answers gentlemen, I appreciate the input!!

The only on line supplier that I can find for Wolfman here in Canada lists them as ``out of stock`` . The major wholesalers like Motovan and Thibault don`t carry them at all. Anyone know of any sources here in good old Canukistan. The cost of shipping is so outrageous now that buying in the US makes no sense.