Sign in to follow this  

Deck Height

Can someone please tell me what the stock deck height of a KX450f should be. I can not find it anywhere in the service manual. I bought a new cylinder and it seems the piston is to short.

1) What is the stock height and tolerance.

2) Where do I measure from.  The side of the piston or the highest point on the dome.

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_2055.JPG

deck of the cyl to the very edge of the piston dome above the ring at TDC

Thanks, Any idea of what that measurement should be. Or a basic tolerance. 

The bike is a 12 but the cylinder is off a 13. I had an advance replacement via millennium tech. My old cylinder had been replated multiple times. They are supposed to be the same but i have done multi rebuilds on this motor and for some reason it just seams to have a lower deck height. I figure I should check.

11-15 have the same part number, but I'm like you it doesn't look right. I'm not sure what is different on the 9-10 cylinders. Before 09 they had a carb and didn't have the coolant temp sensor. Also in Wiseco, the 12-13 pistons have a different part number on the 12.5 to 1 pistons.

Edited by mx317

For ref. Used O.E. base gasket firmly seated. PC flat top high comp piston. avg. .83mm

Is that measurement taken from the deck of the cylinder to the highest point on the piston?