Sign in to follow this  

Thoughts on chopping the subframe?

Hello, the 230 has a heavy steel subframe, on the 230l it's even worse. What are your thoughts on chopping the subframe for something alot smaller like this?

hqdefault.jpg

IMG_20160105_195554.jpg

You could easily have an aluminum one made.  While I like a chopped or minimum look, that is over the top IMO.

I can't weld aluminum unfortunately. Over the top as in what? too ugly or not functional? 

I wouldn't trust that seat to my nads is all I'm saying LOL.

If you hit a solid seat hard enough to break the seat then your nads are already destroyed haha. Stand up more

Maybe this style is more suitable:

cr250 '80 frame

s-l225.jpg

Edited by Yap Yap

Leverage bro, leverage is not working in that seats favor LOL. You have to sit some time. Are you looking for a specific frame for something?

Leverage bro, leverage is not working in that seats favor LOL. You have to sit some time. Are you looking for a specific frame for something?

just want to chop off the gigantic subframe on my street legal 230, they come huge/thick/heavy to carry a passenger + passenger foot pegs. I don't need all that extra weight. I want it to be as small as possible. Wanted to know the best way or if there is anyone who did something similar. I mean look at this, ridiculous. It's thick steel and weighs about 20 pounds.

P1010574.jpg

Edited by Yap Yap

^^^^ Oh WOW lol,  I now understand hahaha.  I would think it's safe to get rid of everything past the muffler mount.  That's pretty much all I have on my XL200r.

20151010_164833_zpsg7tkthqa.jpg

• Like 1