Sign in to follow this  

How much you think this would effect my MV?

Ok got a more accurate micrometer today and went thru my MV stack and compared to what RT calls for. In many of the .10 shims they called for I had some .115 (stock KYB shims) in there. So to keep uniformity I replaced about 6 .115 shims with the .10 shims. You think this would make a noticeable change at all?

that's .030" difference... did u adjust float to compensate?

Edited by kxjim

Yes it's .80mm float so I guess was a little larger before but I had a shin so float is probably the dame

Could explain my harshness so basically I softened the midvalve, see how it reacts now

The main question is, did you shim it as the build sheet said, but the first time you made a mistake and used (6) .11 shims where (6) .10 were called for?

If so, your float will now be as the build sheet shows and yes, it will be much softer.

Jason

Float would be close cause I had a shim under the spacer but yeah I followed build sheet but some I put .11 and thought they were .10. I'll see Sunday if weather is good

Yes it's .80mm float so I guess was a little larger before but I had a shin so float is probably the dame

What bike is this? .80 float seemes much?!

Well got to ride today and the small changes I made on the MV made a huge difference. It soaks up very rough stuff better still a little harsh and deflects a little deeper in the stroke but a step in the right direction. Let me add that I also changed the restrictor valving from 24 to 22

Edited by pavetim