Sign in to follow this  

Ken O'Connor racing

No I haven't. I've seen some of his YouTube videos where he does some porting.

Just curious if you are after a serious increase in torque across the board or just a little more umph.

Anyone used Ken O'Connor racing to build their CR 250? Looking for reviews.

Yes, I have several times. He is a sand up guy, if you call he answers the phone.

He ported a 1999 cr250 and 2001 cr250 cylinder/head for me.

both ran great.

• Like 3

I sent a few emails back and forth with Ken, he always responded quickly and with good information. I also did a fairly good amount of research on him and he always had a good name. I ultimately decided to go with Eric Gorr instead because he was a little cheaper. Don't think that you could go wrong with either one. Good luck on your choice, let us know how it turns out.

• Like 1

I have had him do two different cylinders with porting on both, milling the cylinder base on one, and ordered a complete top end kit from him. ZERO complaints. The guy does what he says, and does it within the timeline he says he is going to do it. I have been very pleased with all the work he has done for me.

• Like 2

I'm thinking of sending my kx motor there not for porting but a crank balance. I hate engine vibes. His you Tube vids are great.

• Like 1

i own 5 mx bikes some new some vintage. One is 1988 honda cr250r. I had ken rebuild and true my crank and its perfect. I also had him port and resleeve my cylinder . Ken knows what hes doing. He does great work and he is reasonable priced. Hes also great guy. I had him replate my cylinder and service my powervalve on my kx125 also had him do the crank on my 83 rm250. Hes my go to guy for machine work. Since i do all my mechanical work.

Check out some of his videos on you tube.

• Like 1

ken is a great guy , he gives answers that include straight talk- right to the point, I don't feel bad about paying him to do work for me,,

• Like 1

Had ken rebuild my tricky 91 Cr250 crank. It was 100% locked up when I sent it to him and 100% perfect now. Great guy

• Like 1

No I haven't. I've seen some of his YouTube videos where he does some porting.

Just curious if you are after a serious increase in torque across the board or just a little more umph.

Keith I really do want real improvement and I want it without breaking the bank. I have found some really good information on here. My Honda 250 is kind of a pet project. My 2011 Suzuki RMZ 450 is my main bike since it's so easy to ride. Keith I've followed you and I appreciate how you've turned it around and you have given me good advice to which I appreciate. You have been and are a good resource on this site.

Thank you guys for replying! Has any of you used Ken O'Connor on a 2002-2007 Honda CR 250?

The rmz450 is a sweet bike. I bought a 2013 just because of how sweet they handle. But....just sold it to a buddy & I'm back to 2strokes only.

I'm loving the 125 as of late. Such a nimble, flickable bike. You can brake so much later & get back on the gas immediately. Good times.

• Like 2

Yes, I have several times. He is a sand up guy, if you call he answers the phone.

He ported a 1999 cr250 and 2001 cr250 cylinder/head for me.

both ran great.

I think i  have the 99 cylinder that your talking about. It does run real good.

The rmz450 is a sweet bike. I bought a 2013 just because of how sweet they handle. But....just sold it to a buddy & I'm back to 2strokes only.

I'm loving the 125 as of late. Such a nimble, flickable bike. You can brake so much later & get back on the gas immediately. Good times.

That's cool Keith! I love 125's too! The 150 is an awesome size I think. The last 125 I had was a 99 YZ and it was fun. The ring life sucked though. It always wanted a new ring. I love the RMZ. It's a great bike imho. I need to get the suspension better and work on loosing some weight and it will be awesome!

• Like 1

My CR 250 has had the the head machined for regular pump gas (premium) and he did the porting on it too.  I have the PWK AirStriker carb and this bike pulls like a locomotive in the low end and if I keep twisting the throttle it goes steadily (but quickly) to over rev.  This bike is awesome.  I am thinking about having him do my sons CR also.  Great work, great performance from Ken Oconner.  YES it makes a difference !

• Like 1