Sign in to follow this  

Kansas New to area/Where to ride?

HI Motocrosser's and trail riders of Wichita!! I'm here for a year from Colorado and need places to ride whether tracks or trails. I've found the tracks but it seems no one is open unless conditions are perfect. Can anyone lead me to more opportunities to ride during the winter months. I need to get back on the saddle and RIDE!!! Thanks!!

NICK#421

Kansas has a hare scramble circuit you might want to get into that for some riding opportunities. Stillwater Oklahoma is a little ways from you but the Stillwater 500 and Amps might interest you.

I'm a trail rider and live in Wichita.  Travel almost 2 hours south to Kaw City ORV park in Okla., and 2 hours North to ORV Parks near Junction City, and Lawrence, Ks. Check out the Kansas Check In thread.  Am itching to ride this Sat, but it may be muddy almost anywhere we would go.  I have a 2 acre pasture NW of town, but it is flat.  You can weave in and out of trees, and jump railroad ties, if you are really bored.  But the ground is sandy and shouldn't be muddy.  There is a place just off the turnpike near the Okla line called Badlands, costs $5 to ride, is larger than my pasture, but it is mostly flat.  It has a few dirt piles to jump.  Let me know if you are interested in doing something this Sat. (1-30) 

I have heard good things about the Stillwater 500, but have never been there.  You have to join the club, but I have heard you can try it out as a guest.  It is also about a 2 hour drive.

Edited by Weezer the Geezer

Am going to Okla Kaw Lake ORV park on Sunday to meet my nephew.  Join us there?  LOL--watch a duel between a KTM 250 and Suzuki DS 185.

Edited by Weezer the Geezer
  • Like 1

Am going to Okla Kaw Lake ORV park on Sunday to meet my nephew.  Join us there?  LOL--watch a duel between a KTM 250 and Suzuki DS 185.

Weezer - I'm just checkin to see if you wanna sell me your DS 185. I'm trying to restore one for my dad.