Sign in to follow this  

Choke issue

Well this may seem like a very simple question, but I'm going to ask anyway. On my yz 105 (no not 125, 105) the choke won't stay up. Like if I pull it it doesn't "click" into position to where it stays up.

Obviously it's broke, but is there a way to fix it without buying a new carb? I haven't searched anything to see if you can fix it (I guess I should have done that first) but I figured I'd give thumpertalk a shot and see if anyone else had a similar problem.

I can work on carbs and all but have never really tinkered with the choke, as I never had to. Thanks 🙂

I forgot to mention, the choke is fully functional! It's just it won't stay up.

Clean around the choke knob, then un-screw the black assembly part and if you cannot make it work by spraying some brake cleaner in it, then buy and install a new one. As LSHD said, it's a cheap part. Buy a spare for next time.

OK thanks! I took the choke off a while ago and noticed it's very dirty and messed up. I cleaned it out and it still doesn't work. Like something is missing. I am the second owner and when I first bought the bike they told me the choke had issues. I just never took the time to fix it because it worked. But I'm going to order a new assembly like you guys mentioned. Thanks for replying, it helped!

• Like 1